Tuesday, February 17, 2015

About Me

I have noticed lately that I have acquired some new followers!! First let me say, Welcome! Second, I figured I would write a little about me post.


*I was born and raised in Las Vegas, Nevada. I get quite a lot of funny stares from people when I tell people that.

*My Mom passed away almost 4 years ago, it was one of the hardest things I have ever dealt with.

*My husband, Kyle and I met for the first time in our 6th grade history class. That was roughly 18 years ago, crazy how time flies. 

*We got married 2 months after we started dating, a cute little wedding at the Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel.


*Kyle and I have been struggling for the last 5 1/2 years with infertility and recurrent pregnancy loss. It is something that I talked pretty candidly about on here. For right now we spoil our dog and cat, Emma and Fishy.

*I have 8 tattoos and have plans to get more. All of them have a very special meaning.

*I am currently pursuing my bachelor's degree in Psychology. I will be finished in August!

*I am an Aunt of 10 kiddos....the oldest is 22 and the youngest is a little over a year old.

* I am the youngest of 5 children and have a ridiculously close relationship with my sister, Lisa. 


*I have gone skydiving and would love to do it again at some point...I say that now but would probably chicken out. 

* I was raised around drag racing, my Dad has raced since I was 4 years old. 


*Since Kyle and I have been married we have lived in 4 different states thanks to the Army. North Carolina, Arizona, Texas and now Louisiana.

*I have ran 41 races over the last 2 years to include a full marathon. It has helped me successfully lose over 40 pounds. 

That's me in a nutshell! :)

Happy Tuesday everyone!

25 comments:

  1. WOW! This is such a fun post to read. I love learning more about you. How cool that you grew up in Vegas and how awesome you've known your husband for so long. I'm sorry your struggling with infertility! I'm sending you a huge hug and lots of prayers! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to get a recap of you and your husband. I still can't get over the number of races you've run in the last couple of years...that's amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love learning new things about you! I didn't realize you had so many nieces and nephews, that's awesome. :) And that you got married 2 months after you and your hubby started dating - when you know you've found "the one" then you just know, right? :) Love this, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been following you for ages and didn't realize you have that large tattoo on your back. It's really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though I have been following you for quite a while, it was still really fun to learn all these tidbits about you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this even though I'm not new! Every time I learn a little something new about you! PS. I was also born in Las Vegas but only lived there until 2nd grade before we moved to AZ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been following you for quite a while and still didn't know you had 5 kids in your family! Love learning about bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always fun to relearn things and learn new things! I had no idea you grew up in Vegas or that you had so many tattoos!

    You racing streak is SO impressive and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man, skydiving? They do it here and I was telling Hubs we should go but he said "no way!" I'm too scared to go alone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought you were one of three. I was wondering how your brother had 8 kids until I read the next line, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Being an Aunt is the best! I love that you were born/raised in Vegas because you don't seem like it at all...i'm not really sure what I expect of someone born/raised in Vegas, but you aren't it...:S I guess more risque or something. :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't know you have ten nieces and nephews!! How exciting :) Over 40 races?! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these kinds of posts! Vegas represent!! Woo hoo :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm too afraid to go skydiving.

    So sweet that you met your husband in 6th grade. I met mine in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these posts! I always learn something about my friends.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this post. I'd love to hear the meaning behind all of your tattoos someday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Even though I'm not new around here, I didn't know some of these things! I had no idea you had marathon tattoo! That's SO YOU! (: I thought the same thing as Lisa, I always thought you were one of three!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I didn't know you were an aunt 10 times over! Crazy! And I feel like I've been reading forever as I remember a few of those tattoos when you got them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can't believe you two have known each other for 18 years! That's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that wedding picture!! And I just saw the word Florida...that word attracts me like a moth to a flame. I'm headed over to the post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I didn't know about growing up around drag racing. I'm sure that was fun! estherdavison@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have so many thoughts on this post, so bear with me! I have always wanted to go skydiving, but I am TERRIFIED of heights. Worth the risk? I love that you two have known each other since 6th grade and I love it even more that you got married in a Vegas chapel! Vegas is on my bucket list, but I have to find the time to go. And I say this all the time, but your running is inspirational and you look fantastic! XO

    ReplyDelete
  23. Holy crap 40 lbs!!! Way to go lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. this was a fun post and a great way to learn some new things about you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It is awesome to have such a close relationship with a sibling! Way to go with the races. Your tattoos are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)