Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Weekend in Review

Happy October!!! It's hard to believe that we are so close to the end of the year already. 

We definitely took advantage of our time together this weekend and it was the best! 

Kyle was home relatively early on Friday (thank goodness!!!) and we headed out for an early dinner and grabbed some ice cream afterwards. We took a trip to Target to pick up a few things and E was happy as could be pushing the cart with Kyle haha.
We got home and I decided to put out some of our fall decor. I didn't want to overwhelm our porch but I love how it turned out.
It was an early night for us as we had a race on Saturday morning.

We got up early and headed off to Pinehurst for a 5k. This area is known for it's historic golf course. It's such a beautiful area and less than an hour from us. This race was held at a community college and much to our surprise ended up being a complete trail 5k. As usual Kyle was awesome and opted to push E. He was happy he did because that course was rough. It was really fun though! 
Much to my surprise I finished as 3rd overall female and 1st in my age group. 
We knew afterwards that we wanted to go on our first pumpkin patch trip of the season! We headed off to one about 20 minutes from us and we had so much fun! E loved picking up all the pumpkins, going down the giant slide, and running through the corn maze. She got to see a lot of farm animals as well.
It was such a fun way to spend a few hours.
Saturday night I had a Moms Night Out with my SLAM group and it was so much fun. It was at our SLAM boss Amy's house. We ate, tie dyed shirts, and got to check out some fun workout gear. It was nice to hang out with some great ladies!
Sunday was more low key but we still opted to go on an adventure. We drove up to Raleigh to go to the mall there, which if you ask me is pretty amazing. As soon as we walked in we decided to take E to Build A Bear. 
It was so cute watching her pick out her bear and then pick out the outfit. It was definitely a fun experience for her and for us. 

We ended the day with Chinese takeout and I knocked out my last long run before Chicago. 

It was a great weekend! I'm so glad we were able to pack so much into it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you!! :)