Monday, October 15, 2018

It Feels Like Fall!

Happy Monday!!

First, I just wanted to say thank you to those who reached out and asked how my family was doing after Hurricane Michael. They live in the Florida panhandle but thankfully they are okay. I am beyond grateful for that.

Last week felt like a blur and I didn't blog as much as I wanted. After returning from Chicago (you can read the recap here), E ended up in the ER with a rash (thankfully it was nothing serious and is already gone) and then we received remnants from Hurricane Michael. We had 1.5 days of constant rain and high winds. The only upside to that is that it brought cooler temperatures here that we have been desperately needing. 

Kyle was at Camp Lejeune for most of Friday but when he got home I knew I wanted to head out to enjoy the weather. We packed up and headed to our favorite farm here, Gross Farms. They have the best corn maze! It's about 5 miles in total and E rocked it. She had so much fun running around and finding the check points. She also enjoyed the views from Kyle's shoulders haha.
After we finished the maze we hopped on the hayride and E was so fascinated by everything. She loved seeing machinery.
Lastly, she raced over to the pumpkins. I'm pretty sure she tried to pick up every single one.
We didn't even get home until 8pm and it was so worth it!

Saturday was an early start for an 8k in Pinehurst! It's a beautiful golf community and we love running there. It was partial trail and I made the mistake of trying to keep up with Kyle haha. Not a good idea 1 week post marathon. It was for a great cause though and so worth it. 
That night I headed out with my SLAM ladies for a Mom's Night Out. I look forward to these every month and it's such a fun chance to get together and do something fun. This time we went to a make your own sign place and it was a blast. We were all able to pick our signs in advance and everything was ready for us when we arrived. I chose an outside welcome sign.
Everyone's signs turned out great!
It was definitely a great way to spend a few hours.

Sunday was more relaxed. We headed downtown to walk around and enjoy the weather. We grabbed lunch while we were out and then headed home to just hang out. We even managed to clean out our cars which was long overdue haha. Overall, it was a wonderful weekend!

I am definitely hoping to blog more in the coming weeks. I have been working on some content and hopefully can make it happen.

Hope y'all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you!! :)