Wednesday, October 17, 2018

What's Next?

I've actually had a lot of people ask me what's next as far as big running events. Of course we are continuing to run local races, to me there is nothing better than running a 5k for a good cause. 

Besides the one race I've done since coming back from Chicago, I have not run at all. It's not because I don't want to but I needed to take a break from the self imposed pressure to run. I promised myself that I would take 2 weeks off from consistent running and just enjoy the races we are doing. I'll go back to running 3-4 times a week but nothing significant until marathon training starts again in December. I have been enjoying a relaxed schedule of just going to SLAM. 

As far as big events (10 miler and above) here is what is on the schedule:

I just can't resist a good 10 miler. I know this course like the back of my hand (I ran it several times during training) and it's a good one. The only downside is that Kyle will be gone so that means I'll be pushing E. Several other Moms from SLAM will be doing it and pushing their kiddos, so it should be a great morning. My goal is to just have fun.

Here is where I get looked at like I'm nuts haha. This race is the day after the 10 miler. So that means pushing E for a combined total of 23.1 miles in 1 weekend. It could be worse right?! Ha! I registered for this race before we knew that Kyle would be gone but I'm committed now! 

Come February, I will be able to check off 2 more Disney races off my list! My sister and I will be running the Fairy Tale Challenge (10k and half marathon) and we couldn't be more excited! If you have never run a Disney event, I highly recommend it! There is no pressure and it is nothing but pure joy.

I am SO excited for this! This has been on my bucket list since it started and I can't wait. Kyle along with several other friends will be running the half marathon and it will be amazing to have them at the finish line waiting for me. Training for this will start December 1st and I will follow the same training plan that I used for Chicago. It served me well. Oh and if you're in the area and run to the full or the half use the code JENALLAMERICAN for 15% off! ;) 

Not counting these races, we have 7 others that we are doing. It's so fun supporting local communities and meeting new people! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you!! :)