Wednesday, October 24, 2018

What I'm Watching

I'll be honest and say that I generally don't watch popular TV shows. It takes me quite a while to get on board with most shows. In our house the channel is either on Disney Junior, Food Network, or Travel Channel. However, I do make exceptions for a few shows throughout the year. 

Here is what I'm watching right now.

1. American Horror Story: Apocalypse. 
I have always loved the American Horror Story series and I feel like they keep getting better (well let's not talk about the last 2 seasons they were meh). This seasons brings back a lot of characters from the 1st season and it makes me happy. Every week I am just in awe of what creator, Ryan Murphy, comes up with haha.

2. Law and Order: Special Victims Unit
I CANNOT believe that this show has been on for 20 years! It doesn't get old and I just love Mariska Hargitay. I will say that I am thoroughly bummed that ADA Barba is no longer on the show but I will get over it haha. The stories are always so relevant and I appreciate that. 

3. Making a Murderer- Season 2
I know this docuseries is highly controversial but it is one that I just can't seem to turn off. I started Season 2 a few days ago and it has me questioning so many things. No matter the outcome of this series in regards to appeals, it's a sad story all the way around. 

4. The Haunting of Hill House
I had no idea about this show until my sister suggested that I watch it. All I can say is holy cow. I'm a few episodes in and it is spine tingling. It is rare that a show makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up but this one does it. Ultimately at the root of it, it's a story about the human condition and how we all deal with different circumstances. As a psychology major, I appreciate this. This show is based off the 1959 book of the same name by Shirley Jackson. Once I finish the series, I will be reading the book. 

5. Halloween Wars
I look forward to this show every single year! It's one of my favorites on Food Network. I loving seeing the work that these artists do with pumpkin, cake, and sugar! It's so darn impressive. One the first episode there was even a baker from a town close to where we live. His team got voted off first but I definitely want to visit his bakery. I am always amazed at the pumpkin carvings, I can barely carve a pumpkin without it looking horrendous haha. 

What shows are you watching?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you!! :)