Friday, October 26, 2018

Friday Favorites

I can't believe it's already the last Friday of October! Where has this month gone?! I've decided that I will share my favorite things on the last Friday of every month. I'm looking forward to this! 

Here are some of my favorite things from October.

* Trips to Pumpkin Patches*

We had so many fun outings this month but I really feel like we saved the best for last. We went to Naylor Farms last weekend and it was so much fun. With paid admission we had access to a corn maze, hayride, pumpkin patch, giant play fort, animals, corn crib, slides, and a giant jumping pad. We had the best time! E was in her element running all over the place and we just loved seeing her so happy.
*Lasagna Soup*

Well, actually all soups right now are my favorite but this one is the best! With temperatures getting cooler here, I could eat this soup every day. If you love soup and lasagna, you must make this recipe!
*Heavy Weight Pumpkin Workouts*

Haha this may sound extremely weird but it's so much fun! When I first started attending Stroller Strong Mom Classes in Kansas, we did a class using pumpkins as our weights. I was so excited when we did the same here in NC. My goodness, it's challenging but so much fun! This was our workout a few days ago.
Squat pressing a pumpkin is not as easy at it sounds haha.
*Holiday Baking*

I haven't gone crazy this month with baking but I did make two things. One, of course, are the infamous mice that I make every year. I didn't make a lot of them but what I did make went to work with Kyle and he said they were a hit.
The second thing I made were mini cupcakes for E's dance class. They had a Halloween party last night and they were the perfect little treats. All of the kiddos loved them.
*Quality time with Kyle*

For those who have been reading my blog for any length of time you know that we are a military family. Kyle's new job and schedule isn't very forgiving with time so we have to make the most of what we do have. We have been thankful that he has been home weekends this month but he will be leaving again soon. He works pretty late most days but such is life. We make the most of it. 
 We are looking forward to a fun weekend! We have a 5k, Oktoberfest, and Boo at the Zoo to keep us busy.

Hope y'all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you!! :)