Monday, September 10, 2018

Preparing for a Hurricane

I'm sure as most of you have seen on any weather report that the Carolinas are bracing for impact from Hurricane Florence. If you haven't seen here is information about what we are expecting, NC Weather Authority.

As of right now she is projected to make landfall on Thursday as a CAT 3 and stick around for a few days, the concern is that if she stalls it could be even worse than projected. If she hits with the power that she is projected to, it's going to be devastating for the Carolina coastal areas. There are 2 potential scenarios but the most likely has her making landfall in the Wilmington area. 
Initially, I had planned to leave this morning with E and head to Kansas to be with Kyle. However, after several conversations and looking at all of the information we have decided to stay. We are about 81 miles from the coast and our area is expected to get high levels of wind and rain. My fear is that if we leave we won't be able to get back to our home depending on the surrounding areas. 

As with every weather pattern and situation this could drastically change over the next days, we are hoping and praying that she shifts or dissipates as she gets closer to land.

If the weather get too questionable we will indeed leave and head elsewhere, but as of right now we will stay put in our home. Of course, I am nervous about what can happen but I can't let that get the best of me.

We have all of the supplies that we need to include lots of bottled water, food (for both us and Fishy), batteries, candles, flashlights, etc. Today, I will begin moving all of our outside items into the garage or our storage. I want to be prepared now that way I'm not scrambling at the last minute to do all of that. I will also fill the bathtubs with water so ensure that we have water to flush toilets, etc. 

I will keep everyone updated as best I can. If you wouldn't mind sending any good thoughts, vibes, and prayers you could send to the Carolinas would be so appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you!! :)