Thursday, September 6, 2018

Fall Festivities

Now I'm not completely wishing away the rest of the summer but I am looking forward to all of the activities that fall brings. We spent 4 falls here so I know what things/places I am looking forward to the most and I can't wait to experience them with E! She is old enough now to really enjoy things like pumpkin patches and hayrides. We couldn't be more excited.



September 15th is the start of their corn maze and pumpkin patch season!! This farm is so much fun. They have so many fun activities for kids to include slides and a giant pumpkin jump. Also, their homemade ice cream is some of the best that I have ever had. Let's be honest, I want to go for the corn maze haha. They are my favorite! There are several other farms that we plan on visiting this fall but this one is at the top of our list.

These start in mid-October and I can't wait! They take you through historic downtown fayetteville and it's always so interesting learning the history of this town. I really think E will love it, she loves anything that moves haha so a hayride is perfect for her.
(us on this very hayride in 2010)

Some in Fayetteville say that the official start of the fall season here is the Greek Festival, which happens to be occurring this weekend. Cue my excitement! When we lived here the last time, my boss would send me to pick up lunch for our office from the Greek Festival. It was THE best food! I'm so excited that we are back so I can indulge again. haha. The best part about the festival this year is that they are having a 5k! It's their inaugural event and I'm stoked. It's an afternoon race which will be fun. Like I need an excuse to run but baklava at the finish line is a nice reward.

Now I know that things like this are not everyone's cup of tea but we love them. We love learning about the history and stories of different places/people. We loved this walk when we did it several years ago and we can't wait to do it again. It isn't scary, which I appreciate it. It's spooky but not over the top. 

Our tour guide was quite animated and she made it a lot of fun.

This is a new one for us! I've heard amazing things about their fall festival and I'm so excited to attend this year. I love finding events like this that are so close to us. 
6. Halloween at the Boo-tanical Gardens

This is another event that is new to us because we didn't have a child when we lived here the last time. I have only ever heard amazing things about this family friendly halloween event. It is at the Cape Fear Botanical Gardens, which happens to be one of our favorite places here. The pathways are lit with lights and carved pumpkins, there are crafts, treats, and plenty of candy!
I think it's going to be a pretty great fall!
What are you looking forward to?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you!! :)