Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Goodbye Sweet Boy

As some of you may have already seen on social media we experienced another devastating loss in our family on Monday. We said goodbye to our sweet kitty, Fishy. 
A few weeks ago he was diagnosed with pancreatitis and by all accounts he was doing well thanks to antibiotics and other medications. However, it just wasn't enough. He has never been the most lovey cat but you knew when he wanted snuggles. He slept on the bed close to me on Sunday night and I wonder now if that was his way of saying goodbye. He was spunky on Monday morning, enjoying being pet, and E chasing him. Unfortunately, when we arrived home after running errands several hours later, he had peacefully passed. I am beyond grateful for a vet here that did all they could to help. 

You see, Fishy, by all accounts should not have made it to the age of 11. When I found him near an abandoned house in my parent's neighborhood he had a severe upper respiratory infection, and the vet did not expect him to live. He was critically ill and only 4 weeks old.
I wasn't about to give up on him and bottle fed him until he was big enough to eat on his own. 

He had been a part of my life ever since. He grew up with Emma and she treated him like he was hers when he was a kitten.
He grew to be the fluffiest and the grumpiest cat ever haha. We knew when he was tired of being touched because he would lovingly bite you until you stopped. 

I know he loved me but Kyle was his favorite person. I can't tell you how many times he would be on Kyle's lap while he played video games. This whole thing is compounded by the fact that Kyle isn't here, he is devastated by the loss of Fishy.

He was finally getting used to the idea of E, he would let her pet him and she would giggle when he ran away.
Fishy has been a part of our family for 11 years and embarked on 6 moves with us. It is so hard to believe that I won't stumble across him on the stairs or that he won't rub up against my leg when I'm doing dishes. Our hearts are broken. 
To lose both him and Emma this year has been absolutely awful, but now they will be able to play together forever. 

We love you, Fishy, and we will always miss you and love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you!! :)