Tuesday, September 25, 2018

12 Days.....

As of today I am 12 days away from running the Chicago Marathon. I honestly can't even believe that it's so close. When I started my training back in July, I felt like it was so far away but now I can see the finish line. 
I only have 8 training runs left and they are all relatively short distances. I ran my last double digit run this past Sunday and it was so gratifying. I know that I am ready but gosh the nerves are starting to set in. I know once I get to Chicago I will relax and the excitement will kick in. Also, to be able to run with Team Homes for our Troops is pretty darn special. I am really looking forward to meeting the rest of my team at our dinner that Saturday night. 

I am beyond thankful for family and friends who have supported me on this journey since I found out I was going to run it last November. I can't thank Kyle enough for encouraging me to do this, he has been my biggest supporter and cheered for me the whole way. I really wish he and E could be there with me but I know that's just not possible with his work schedule. I am thankful that my Dad will be coming up here to NC to help with E. It really takes a lot of the stress away. 

I am even more excited because two of my really good friends are driving up from Tennessee that weekend! We are all going to run the International 5k on Saturday and they will stay to watch me run on Sunday. It will be so fun to explore the city, run together, and just have a good time. It means a lot that they are coming. 
The bottom line is, I'm ready. I'm ready to check another marathon off my list and I'm ready to put all of this training to use. I am ready to see that finish line and know that hard work, determination, and the support of so many people got me there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you!! :)