Monday, April 23, 2018

Monday Musings

Happy Monday everyone!!!

I feel like these last few weeks have flown by. It always gets worse when there is a move looming. Our packers arrive two weeks from today and that means a whole lot of prep. I'm the type that bubble wraps all pictures and breakables just as an extra layer of protection. Call me crazy but it has worked the last few moves haha. 

Besides the move here's what is happening in our neck of the woods.

*We have been dealing with some health issues with our sweet pup, Emma, lately. She is on antibiotics for an infection that she has. The vet is concerned about possible liver failure so we are being extra cautious and enjoying every moment with her. We are doing our best to be positive and hope that the antibiotics will work their magic.
*I have started the process to get certified as a Track and Field coach with USATF and I'm so excited!  It thrills me that I have discovered what I am passionate about and my degree can be applied in this endeavor as well. 

*My workout group is planning an event that we are affectionately calling, "Mom Prom". It's going to be a way to acknowledge our amazing instructors and say goodbye to all those who will be leaving soon. I love any excuse to get dressed up and hang out with these awesome ladies. I decided to get a dress from Rent The Runway and I'm so excited.
*Kyle is still pretty busy with school but it changes from week to week which is hard to get used to. He has to write his schedule out for me so I know when he has class. There are some days where he doesn't have class which is pretty awesome. We took advantage of it last week while my Dad was here and had a date day at Top Golf. We knew E was in good hands so it was nice to have that time together. 
*We are preparing for the arrival of more family this week and that will be the last of the visitors here in Kansas. It will be fun posting guests one last time before we say adios to the midwest. A little stressful being so close to movers coming but that's okay. :)

Hope you all had a great weekend! 

14 comments:

  1. You have a lot going on before your move! And I know behind the scenes you probably have so much going on with buying your new home too. Yay! Good for you guys hosting guests one last time. The Mom Prom will be so fun and memorable!! Sorry about Emma. Health issues with our pups causes major heartache.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mom prom sounds like so much fun! As much as moving is a pain, I'm envious of everyone moving right now because I want to be moving, haha!! And I'm so sorry Emma is having heath issues, I hope the antibiotics work and she is OK <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. First I've heard of a mom prom, the only alternate prom I've heard of is the Second Chance proms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be a fun night for our workout group for sure.

      Delete
  4. MOM PROM! I love that - well, I love anything that rhymes. You know how I love a good RTR find and that dress is gorgeous - you're going to look FAB! Sending lots of love to Emma :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of Emma, I know you'll do everything you can. That prom dress is fun! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I can't believe your move will be here so soon! I'm guessing if the movers come in 2 weeks, you'll be heading out fairly soon after that?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Emma gets better soon! Antibiotics are no fun and I'm sending her lots of treats and cuddles!

    Oh wow, the movers are coming in 2 wks already? Yikes!! Where's the time gone!! Mom Prom sounds super fun!! I haven't dressed up in so long!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mom Prom sounds fun and your dress looks pretty! Sorry to hear Emma is not well😒 but hope she gets better soon. Enjoy your guests amongst the moving..packing process. Hugs and enjoy Kansas til the last day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mom prom cracks me up, I love it. Congrats on taking the plunge to get certified, so proud of you! Hope you are enjoying your last few weeks in Kansas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m so sorry about Emma! Sending lots of good vibes your way! And I know that I would be stressed moving, so hopefully things go smoothly for y’all during this move!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Track and Field coach would be great for you! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Top golf is so much fun! Yay for Track and Field Coach!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)