Monday, April 2, 2018

Easter Weekend Recap

Happy Monday everyone and welcome to April! I hope you all had a wonderful Easter yesterday. 

We had a pretty low key weekend for the most part and it was really nice. 

On Friday, we kicked off Easter festivities with a themed SLAM class followed by an Easter egg hunt and play date for the kiddos. It was so much fun! Kyle didn't have class so he was able to join us. I was keeping an eye on the big kids who were hunting eggs outside so we had E join them. 
Later that day I headed off to lunch and to do some shopping with a good friend. It was a nice way to spend the afternoon. That night we had the Fit Challenge awards and it was such a great evening with some amazing ladies.

I didn't stay out too late because we had to be up early for a race on Saturday. We headed off at 6am for the Easter Egg 5k and we were so excited because E got to run her first fun run!

It was really windy but warm so it could have been worse haha. It was a great course and given what that day meant for me I wanted to do well. I honestly felt my Mom pushing me the whole way and I felt great the whole time. I finished in 25:27 which I was happy with. I was even happier when I found out that I placed 2nd in my age group. I ran that race for my Mom!
Once all of the runners finished the 5k they started getting the kids ready for their races. E was with the kiddos 2 and under. It was a 50 yard dash and so cute! 
She earned her first official medal for running her own race! She seemed to really enjoy it so this is just the beginning haha.

The rest of the day was spent together as a family. That is really what I wanted. I was missing my Mom so we told stories of her and ate yummy food. She loved food and was such an amazing cook. We enjoyed BBQ and Cheesecake Factory for dessert. She loved to shop so we ended the day at Target, how fitting. :) I really did feel her with me all day and it was awesome.

We were up early Sunday morning and decided to head off to breakfast at our favorite local spot, The Depot. We got there at 7:40am and we were some of the only people there. It was awesome! Once we got home we gave E her Easter basket and had an indoor egg hunt for her since it was 29 degrees out and snowing. Thanks, Kansas.

She loved her basket and spent the rest of the day playing with what she got. She was able to FaceTime with family, which she loves even though she gets distracted easily.
She looks so big playing at her table. Slow down baby girl
I mean it's pretty but come on.
Here is hoping there is no more snow in our forecast!

Have a great day!

13 comments:

  1. It's fairly spring here in sc, certainly no snow here anymore

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously can’t believe that y’all still have snow! At least that didn’t put a damper on your plans! And E running her first race has got to be the cutest thing ever! She deserves that medal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you had a nice weekend and that you could feel your mom with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't believe all of the snow in Kansas. Actually, wait... yes I could! My neighbor sent me pictures of our house covered in snow and ice, which is basically how it looked for the last several months! Ha!! Kansas springs are so beautiful though, which will be perfect for moving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She does look so big at the table. I'm glad she had fun at the race. She does look cute out there raining. And yep, the snow looks pretty, but I'll take mine only in pictures, please. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on second place! It sounds like a beautiful weekend. I love that you could feel your mom with you. I know she was!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute that there was a kid race too! It sounds like you guys had a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please send me some of your motivation to work out. Y'all are crushing these races!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great weekend. Looks like everyone had a great time. Yay for E's first race!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)