Thursday, February 8, 2018

Thoughts on Thursday

I've been slacking a bit lately on blogging but I promise to get back on track! Here are some thoughts I've been having lately.
*E finally has her cardiology appointment on February 23rd. As it has gotten closer, I've noticed that I have been on edge a bit. I'm anxious, nervous, and to be honest a bit scared. I wrote about her condition in this post. I will take her for a blood draw next week to prepare for that appointment to have her cholesterol levels tested. The appointment will last approximately 3 hours as we will meet the entire cardiology team as well as a nutritionist. Thankfully, Kyle will be able to get out of class to attend. 

*I am approximately 7 months away from running the Chicago Marathon. Cue the freakout. I know it's still pretty far away but with how fast time has been going it will be here before I know it. As most of you know I am fundraising as part of the Homes for our Heroes team. It's an amazing organization that provides homes for severely injured service members and their families. I am so excited to be a part of an amazing team doing so much good. 

This is my fundraising page, if you feel so inclined to donate, it is greatly appreciated.


*I am officially in the PCS funk. It's that weird feeling of knowing we are leaving but still trying to stay connected to where we are. I love our friends here and everything about Kansas but knowing we are leaving makes me want to disconnect. It always happens for me and it's really a defense mechanism and how I cope. Then add in the stress of the move itself, it's game over. Does anyone else experience this?

*I have been trying to do really well with the nutrition portion of this FIT Challenge but I'm not going to lie some days I just want cake and guess what!? I'm going to eat the cake. Life is too damn short not to. Despite that feeling every now and again, I'm proud of embracing this the best I can. It's all about moderation, right? ;) 

*We do have a lot of fun events coming up mostly involving my SLAM group, we have a Mardi Gras and Valentine's Day themed classes coming up followed by a Valentine's Day party for the kiddos. I'm excited for that. While we don't really celebrate it, it is fun getting in the spirit for E. I'm sure she will end up with some giant stuffed animal and some candy haha. I put together some goodies for our niece and nephew to send them, it's so fun being able to do that. 

Speaking of themed classes, I realized that I failed to share the photos from our 80s class. Oh my gosh! So fun!
On that note, have a great Thursday!!

20 comments:

  1. OH my gosh, her 80's look! Haaaa! So sweet, and cute. I hope her appointment goes well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First - the 80s pictures are too much. I'm so happy you found such a great workout group. My group is the #1 thing I miss most about Fort Leavenworth. Second - you are going to ROCK the Chicago Marathon so hard. And third - I totally know what you mean about the PCS funk. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m in a PCS rut too, feeling very disconnected from life in Colorado. We’ll be moving in less than a year (again) so that lends to feeling unsettled.
    Prayers for a great appointment on the 23rd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the 80's look and love what you said about cake! Life is short! Enjoy it while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is she in that 80's look! Good luck with the doctor appointments, hope they go well! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you guys as E's appointment gets closer <3 Also, I'm lucky to be one of those people who can compartmentalize EVERYTHING, so I know it wont hit me that we're leaving NY forever until we pull out of our driveway. As much as I hate NY, I know I'll be sad to leave some of the people I've met here :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. She looks so cute in her 80s outfit :) Sending positive vibes for her cardiologist appt later this month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My friend says the same thing about when it’s time to PCS because you know that you’re going to leave soon so why continue to make friends. Hopefully you’ll get out of your funk soon though! And E’s outfit is seriously the cutest for the 80s party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness - E in that 80s getup is my favorite! I love it so much - she looks so stinking cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That pic of E in her 80's getup is the cutest!! I hope all goes well for her appointment, fingers crossed!! Ahh, I've found myself to spontaneously move countries, so I don't have that whole feeling of disconnect. More like, WTH have I just done? HA But just go and live life!! Life's too short!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those 80s class photos are amazing! I love the headbands a lot.

    We felt really weird once we knew we were moving (about 5/6 months before it happened), especially when we hadn't told anyone else. I think it's natural to want to disconnect and honestly I have no wisdom to add other than I understand!

    Good luck with E's appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I understand the feeling of wanting to stay connected while still in Kansas but also having your sites set on your PCS. You said that so well and in a way that I think every military spouse can relate. I know I can!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with the cardiology appointment. I'll be thinking about you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope E's appointment goes well and you get a good plan of action, I'll be thinking of you guys! And yes, PCS funk is in full affect here as well. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. I used to disconnect as well when about to PCS. Mentally I was already in the new location and trying to figure out all of that. SLAM sounds and looks amazing! I wish they had one here. The themes and costumes you all had are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)