Thursday, February 22, 2018

Some Things

Hello, I'm writing to you from a frozen Kansas haha. We have been having pretty ridiculous weather lately. Nothing like freezing rain/snow/sleet to keep you cooped up in the house. We had temperatures in the 50's-60's over the weekend and now we are back down to 20 degree weather. 

While I'm cursing the cold weather, here is a run down of what is happening with us lately. 

*We have been watching A LOT of Olympic coverage. I feel like we just zone out and watch anything and everything haha including curling. I do know the rules of the game but it's still so odd to me. However, it seems to be a favorite for Kyle and E. I've never seen her sit quite that still for something before haha.
*Since we have been having icy weather school was canceled on Tuesday. When school gets canceled, SLAM gets canceled. That means an at home workout thanks to FB live! However, it becomes tricky when an adorable 17 month old wants to steal my weights haha. We got it done though and it was a nice way to start a day stuck indoors.
*A while ago I posted about our Spring Break plans of going to South Dakota. Well, after a long discussion and an upcoming PCS to think about, we opted to cancel that trip. Instead, I will be making the solo trip to NC to house hunt! It made the most sense and we can always take another vacation. We have been working with an amazing realtor that has given us a laundry list of homes to consider. I'm looking forward to finding a great house for us to call home. It's hard to believe that we will get to call NC home again in just 4 short months.
*For the first time in who knows how long, Kyle and I will be going out without E next weekend. Holy cow! Haha! To be honest we aren't huge fans of going out because we prefer to be at home but we are looking forward to it. A classmate of his is getting married so we will be attending his wedding. I bought this dress a few weeks ago and I can't wait to wear it! Yes, it has pockets!
There really isn't much else happening in our neck of the woods. Just move prep and prepping for family that will be visiting in April! 

I hope you all have a great weekend! 

22 comments:

  1. That dress is super cute! And I think a solo-house hunting trip sounds like a pretty good Spring Break. There are some nice areas around Fayetteville - I'm partial to Southern Pines myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven’t been watching too much of the Olympics, but I have everything recorded so I can fast forward to the sports that I want to watch! That’s exciting that y’all are getting a date night! That dress is adorable, and double win that it has pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of curling, did you hear that one of the Russian athletes got caught for doping?! FOR CURLING! Why do you need enhanced drugs to do curling?! We were DYING laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is so cute! Good luck with the house hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been cold all week here.A bit of snow Sunday and then again last night but not enuf to stay around long. Curling is weird to watch but I love ice skating and any skiing and moguls. Interesting that E likes to watch Olympics too for so long. Enjoy your house hunt! :-}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huge Olympic binge watchers over here, too! Also - that dress is adorable! You're going to rock that look - I can't wait to see photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Home workouts with a weight stealer.....know all about it! Eventually she will grab extra weights and copy you and join you! LOL!

    As for curling...I just don't get the sport!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't mind moving up to Asheville though I hear the prices are crazy. But that's real estate, location location location. SC does have cheap houses because nobody wants to live here lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Curling always sucks us in! But seriously, what kind of sport is it?! Who the heck decided one day to start throwing rocks on ice? HA!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I reckon curling is akin to chess. Maybe we should have chess in the Summer Olympics? HAHA 4 months to go till NC?? Waaah, where is the time going?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That dress is PERFECT.
    Isn't it funny how house-hunting during a PCS turns into what your vacation was supposed to be...

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are planning a trip to SD in July! My kids aren't very excited but Travis and I are!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love dresses with pockets!! That one is gorgeous. Good luck on house hunting! And oh my gosh, it's so cute how E loved to watch curling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That dress is so cool! You can't beat a dress with pockets. Sounds like postponing your vacation was a good idea - you've got your orders from your realtor! Good luck with the hunt and I hope you find exactly what you're looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great dress! bonus points for it having pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the dress you picked! I hope house hunting goes smoothly too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We prefer to stay at home too. I do like that dress you picked out!

    Have fun in NC! Tom's sister and Mom live there so we visit every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  18. There is nothing better than a dress with pockets!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh, I can't wait to see your house hunting updates!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)