Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Snapshots of the Weekend

I really do feel like the weekends come and go way too quickly! 

Here is ours in a few snapshots.

It started with E getting a haircut. She got her first haircut back in December courtesy of my sister but alas her hair is like mine and grows ridiculously fast. She sat so well and just let Ms. Teri cut her hair. I was honestly shocked at how well she did. I have a feeling that we will be getting her hair trimmed quite often haha. 
Friday ended with a family outing to Freddy's for custard. Last week for some reason was just exhausting and we were all over it. It was so worth it. Of course, nothing beats a family outing that involves this deliciousness.
Saturday, we were supposed to run a 10k but due to cold temperatures that involved icy conditions it got moved to this coming weekend. I'm so glad it did. 

Instead we lounged around all morning, had lunch at one of our favorite restaurants, and then celebrated our friend's daughters 4th birthday. It ended with lots of daddy snuggles.
Sunday, we decided to venture to somewhere we have never been before. Independence, Missouri. On the way we stopped for lunch at Rock and Run Brewery and Pub in Liberty. It was delicious! Their pizza was amazing as were the pretzels with beer cheese. 

The reason we went to Independence was to visit the Harry S. Truman Presidential Library and Museum. It was amazing! I have never been to a presidential library before, I was so impressed. Being able to see his office that he worked in was pretty awesome. It's a beautiful place and I highly recommend it if you have never been. We drove 1/2 mile away to see the home he shared with his wife and daughter. 
We are planning on visiting the Eisenhower museum this coming weekend. 

The day ended with a 6.5 mile run with friends and then lounging on the couch watching the Olympics. Kyle and I love when the Olympics roll around, it's so fun just relaxing and watching all of the events.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. I've never been to a presidential library, I should look up one "close"

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love going to museums. Those look like some good ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe she's already getting a haircut! Annabelle needs a trim but I'm hesitant to do it because I'm so sentimental! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. E just looks so grown up getting her haircut! That’s so cool that y’all got to check out a presidential library! The only one I’ve seen is the George Bush Sr’s because it’s at my alma mater. It’d be fun to check out some more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I loved seeing photos from your visit to the Presidential Library! We have never been to one, but would love to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time is flying by way too quickly!! I've never been to a Presidential Library - how cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a great weekend. I love historical places so it something that looks like fun to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's crazy that she's old enough to be getting haircuts!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)