Monday, January 29, 2018

Weekend Recap

I feel like the last week or so has flown by in a blur. I haven't posted since last Tuesday but gosh we have been busy. 

On Friday we held Kyle's promotion ceremony and while I will be sharing a post just for that soon, I did want to share a few photos. It was such a special day.
On Saturday, we were able to sleep in a bit before getting the day started. We headed to our favorite local place (The Depot) for breakfast before heading off to run errands. 

I was on the hunt for a dress for a wedding in March and Kyle needed to be fitted for new suits. We were successful on both accounts. We finished the day by getting our taxes done haha. Now that is a truly exciting way to end a Saturday night.

Sunday morning we were up at 5:30am to get ready for a race in Kansas City. We picked up two friends of mine and headed off to the Groundhog Run. It was held in a completely underground facility called the SubTropolis that stays between 65 and 70 degrees year round. It's a 55,000,000 sq foot manmade cave system/business complex and it is the largest in the world. They had both a 5k and a 10k, that started at different times. This actually worked out because they didn't allow strollers. I ran the 5k at 8am and Kyle ran the 10k at 10am (I'm running a half this weekend and let him have the longer distance haha). 

A lot of ladies from my SLAM participated and it was a lot of fun. However, I will say that running underground was completely surreal. The scenery never changed so that messed with our minds a bit haha. It got really hot in some areas and really cool in others when a breeze would come through. 

I was really happy with my time and despite the conditions I was only 10 seconds off my best time. Kyle was thrilled with his time as well. 
I've been doing my best to log more miles lately and later in the afternoon I met up with friends and knocked out another 4 miles. It felt great!

After the craziness over the last week, we enjoyed a quiet night at home. It was definitely needed.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

19 comments:

  1. That's cool they were able to have a ceremony for it

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so nice they had a ceremony! Glad you got a quiet night at home, they are needed sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Kyle + your family! Also - running underground?! I feel like that would also mess with my mind, but what a cool concept!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to Kyle on his promotion! And that’s so cool that you ran a race underground! I never would have even thought that there was that huge of a facility underground!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the promotion! That is such a great picture of E...too cute. We had plans the weekend of the underground race when we were stationed at Leavenworth, otherwise we would have totally ran it...it looks like such a fun race.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness.. a completely underground race?! I've never heard of such a thing!! That is definitely cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So the SubTropolis needs to be a thing up here. It's too dang cold to go outside!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An underground race? That sounds awesome! And congrats again to Kyle on his promotion. You guys looks soo good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to Kyle again! That is awesome and you all look great! I swear you find the neatest runs even if they conditions were wonky. Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I am glad we did this race but gosh never again.

      Delete
  10. Ahhh congratulations Kyle! I LOVED seeing all these pictures all over social media this weekend. I am so happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cool racing venue! I wish more places (especially like here at freezing Fort Drum) did stuff like that! Also, congratulations to your husband - what an amazing accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Kyle! You guys have a beautiful family! And Congrats to you on the miles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I have been trying to log many miles lately haha.

      Delete
  13. Congrats Kyle! That photo of E walking up, she looks so big and allllllll business.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Running underground sounds wild, I can't even imagine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for Kyle! A totally underground facility like that sounds like crazytown. People work down there? That must be depressing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I didn't even know they had a place to run underground. It'd be fun to experience at least once!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)