Monday, January 8, 2018

Places I Want To Visit

I keep a note in my phone of places I want to visit. It's always being updated and changed, it's fun to research and find new places to go. 

Here is my current list.

1. Branson, MO.
It's only 4 hours from us and I have heard amazing things from friends who have visited. Silver Dollar City is an amusement park that looks like a lot of fun. They also have the Titanic Museum there. Based on this info from Trip Advisor it looks like we would never be bored. I hope we can check this off my list before we move.

2. Denver, CO.
I have only been to the airport in Denver a handful of times but I have never been able to explore the city. It is only a 9 hour drive which could easily be done during a long weekend. All of the hiking and  outdoor activities is what has me drawn to visit. I've heard nothing but amazing things about this city. 

3. South Dakota.
This place has been on my list of places to visit since I was a little kid. To be able to stand in front of Mount Rushmore and The Crazy Horse Memorial would be incredible. There is so much to do and see there. It is only 10.5 hours away and it would be the perfect family vacation. Exploring a new area together while exposing E to so much incredible history. I am so excited that we will be checking this off my list in March. We decided to make this our Spring Break family trip. :)

4. Biltmore in Asheville, NC.
Since we are heading back to Bragg in June the Biltmore is high on my list. We never made it the first time we lived in NC (we had 4 years and failed lol). I've only seen pictures and it looks amazing. Friends have told me how wonderful it is. They have everything from a winery, carriage rides, biking, river float trips, and much more. 

5. Great Smoky Mountains.
This pick goes back to how much I love the outdoors. We drove through the Smoky Mountains when we moved to and from NC. I've always wanted to go back and it would be roughly a 6 hour drive. Between the hiking and waterfalls it would be the perfect weekend trip. They have the Element Ghost Town to explore plus Dollywood is only 30 minutes away. 

Hopefully we can check a few of these off my list.

Where do you want to visit this year?

18 comments:

  1. 1. My grandma always went on bus trips to Branson, so I always think of her. They always loved their trips, and I've heard great things about Silver Dollar City.

    2-3. Would love to go to both.

    4. I went to the Biltmore about 5 years ago. It was breathtaking! We didn't do a lot, but just touring the castle and grounds was great! I'd love to visit when everything is just bloomming!

    5. I love the Smoky Mountains. Saddened by the fires a little over a year ago, but it still is so pretty and if you get lucky you might see some bears!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Branson is so fun! I love it during the holidays. But you can’t ever go wrong. It’s less than an hour from Robs family so we often go.

    I want to go to the Biltmore too!! And my other big place is one of those classic beach towns up in the Northeast part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been to Biltmore, all of the local schools usually make it a field trip during middle school

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I definitely want to make that trip happen.

      Delete
  4. I can't believe we haven't been to Asheville, either! The Biltmore looks stunning. I've been to Denver once and LOVED it!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, this post just made my wanderlust heart go crazy. To be honest, it also makes me a little sad that we won't visit a lot of these places on this list simply because we've run out of time! Two things held us back from traveling more during our time in Kansas: two deployments as well as having a newborn. We wanted to go to Mount Rushmore and a vacation to Colorado so bad, but time simply ran out. Booooo! So I guess I'll just have to live variously through you! Hey, I have a blog post idea for you. How do you and Kyle plan out everything the way you do? You seem so organized with races and vacations and generally seem like a great planner. Do you sit down and map things out together? Or is one of you the family calendar planner? I'd love to hear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denver is the best! I hope you get there. I want to see Biltmore and Mt. Rushmore too. The mountains are the best! I hope to be going back very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm 100% with you on all of these places! I'd love to visit Mt. Rushmore, and the Biltmore and Asheville are super high up on my list as well! I'm hoping that we'll make it there soon, and I hope that you do as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We haven't made it to the Biltmore either. I really wanted too and especially during Christmas when it is decorated to the nines! However, I don't think it will happen. I hear Asheville is pretty amazing too. And everyone talks about the hiking up there (also waterfalls). I hope when we leave and the Marine Corps moves us out of NC, we can take a day there. Also, I would highly recommend taking time in the Smoky Mountains. It is my favorite National park so far. My list is short though :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Smoky Mountains is great! Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge TN are in the Smokies area and are very similar to Branson-- a lot to do there! I've been to everywhere on your list except the Biltmore and they're all great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've not been to any places on your list other then Denver. I've been to SD but have not seen Mt. Rushmore. I totally fell in love with WY and would love to go back and hit up Yellowstone!! Need to figure out my travel schedule for this year but am a bit bored of Asia!! HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Denver is pretty cool! If you come, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keeping a note in your phone is a genius idea! I had no clue Branson had so much! We weren't too far when we were at FLW.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic list! I would LOVE to visit the Biltmore someday, and I totally want to go to South Dakota, too! I've been to a lot of states, but definitely not that one haha I hope to go soon! LOVE that you're going to Bragg! We're crossing our fingers that we hear soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohh the Biltmore is on my list, too! My inlaws visited Mt. Rushmore last summer and took the most incredible photos, so that is on my list, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have heard great things about the Biltmore. It is a place I would love to visit. Denver was a lot of fun. So much to do there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to go to Yellowstone, Glacier National Park, Zion and Bryce Canyon. It would be awesome to take another 3 week road trip this year and get some hiking in. South Dakota and seeing Mt Rushmore would be amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We spent a few Thanksgivings at Lake Lure (near Asheville) as a kid, but we never visited when we lived at Bragg. They have a touring Titanic costume exhibit at the moment, so I'm debating a trip there this spring...

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)