Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Kyle's Promotion Ceremony

I know that a lot of you have seen these photos shared on social media over the last few days but I would be remiss if I did not blog about such a special event. As you all know Kyle was officially promoted to Major last week. We found out in November that it was happening this month and we immediately began working out the logistics of it. I wasn't able to be there when he was promoted to Captain so I wanted this day to be special for him. I am so incredibly proud of him and all that he has accomplished in his military career. 

We knew that there was only one person that we wanted to preside over and promote Kyle. BG LaNeve and his family have been in our lives for 10 years (Kyle has worked for him at 3 different posts). He has mentored Kyle his entire career and his wife, Kim, has done the same for me. Along with their two kids, they have become more like family. It took some working out but we were thrilled when everything fell into place and they both flew to Kansas to be here for this day. 
The best thing was that he also promoted Kyle to 1LT. While we were changing Kyle's shoulder boards this time, I leaned over and said to him, "I feel like we have done this before." It was special.

(November 2008)
I'm not going to the lie the day of the ceremony I was a bit stressed out haha. The ceremony was at 2pm but I needed to be there by 1pm (Kyle wasn't done with class until 12:20) to set up at the library and get everything taken in for the reception. I picked up the cake and the food and hightailed it back to post. Thankfully, Kyle's classmates are amazing and helped so much. 

However, once everyone started showing up the excitement kicked in. We were so thrilled that so many friends made the time to come. Quite a few from various assignments are here now and it was awesome having them. One of the highlights was Kyle's 1SG from when he was a company commander was there. She drove 2 hours to be there for the ceremony and it meant so much. 

I was able to set up a computer in the library to live stream the ceremony on FB so family and friends who are far away could watch. It was wonderful having our families "there". E did so good, she wandered around the room and interacted with everyone. Kim ended up holding her for a good portion of the ceremony because she wanted nothing to do with me haha.

E was ready for the ceremony!
I hadn't seen Kim in almost a year and it was amazing to see her. 
 BG telling stories
 This photo will always make me laugh. He is telling an infamous story about Kyle walking our little dog with a pink leash when he was a 2LT haha.
 I think at this moment he said that they keep Kyle around because of me haha (his words not mine)
 Publishing the orders.
 Putting on his new shoulder boards!
 Love this photo!
 Reciting the Oath
 E is ready to get her flowers!
Kyle and his former 1SG.
 The cake was a huge hit! I wish I had taken a photo of the inside, Kyle requested funfetti and that's exactly what he got haha.
We are beyond grateful for these two and all they have done for us.
I love this family of mine! <3
It truly was an amazing day and one that we will never forget. 


*Credit for the photos goes to the amazing Liz Perez from Liz Perez Photography*

29 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your husband! That's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely promotion ceremony - congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations again! Love that photo of E!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like E is all of a sudden so BIG! Congratulations to Kyle again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! She has sprouted overnight!

      Delete
  5. That cake looks so good! Kyle deserves it and so thankful that his BG/mentor and wife could be there and loved his stories on the video on Facebook. You're such an active, adorable, thoughtful couple with an adorable daughter! Congrats on to Kyle and his service to the USA!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! What a great accomplishment, I know you must be insanely proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to him, that's a pretty cool cake too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to y'all! I love that cake and that it is funfetti. What a beautiful family photo at the end. Y'all just looks o great and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How/when did Emmerson get so big!? Congratulations to you and your family! Your sacrifice and service means a lot to me and mine. Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats again to Kyle on his promotion! That’s so awesome and the entire day looked amazing! I’m so glad that so many people were able to come in town to help him celebrate too. And that cake looks amazing and that’s awesome that it was funfetti!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! What a special day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to Kyle! What a special day to share as a family. E is seriously getting so big, and that last family photo is so perfect!!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a special day for your family! Congratulations to Kyle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cool! Congrats to Kyle. That cake is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Isn't the cake awesome?! I was so happy with how it turned out.

      Delete
  15. Woohoo! What a celebration and what a milestone for you guys!! I love me some funfetti!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I teared up reading this post and looking at your pictures!! Congratulations to Kyle and to you too. Nick is going to put on 04 next year and I am so excited already. The last time I was able to be there for his promotion was when he was commissioned!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on the promotion!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations!!!! I wish we could have made the trip down there! That last photo is such a great one!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how many of your army friends could be there! I always love promotion ceremonies, even if they're not Christopher's!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That picture at the end is THE MOST PERFECT FAMILY PICTURE EVER! EVER! All three of you look absolutely fantastic. What a great post and a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats again! Tell Kyle sorry E stole the show though :P

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh this looks like such a special day! What a lovely ceremony, and just look at E in that dress...! When did she suddenly grow up?! I'm glad so many people were able to join you, Kyle obviously has a lot of fans :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on the awesome promotion. I love that you're there with him every step of the way. These are great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats to all of your. An incredible accomplishment. Thank him for his service. Your support is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  25. First off Congratulations to Kyle! I love the picture of E getting her flowers. She is getting so big.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)