Monday, January 15, 2018

E's First Snow

One of the things I was excited about when we moved to Kansas was E experiencing snow for the first time. She was born in Louisiana so the likelihood of her seeing snow there before we moved was pretty slim. 

We were all excited when we woke up yesterday morning to see snow on the ground! We missed the snow that happened around Christmas so we were thrilled that we would get to play in the snow. It was still slowly coming down as we were getting ready to head outside.
I purchased E a snowsuit on Amazon and a friend gave us her daughter's snow boots that no longer fit. She was ready to go! Kyle of course had to put her to work first haha.
She definitely didn't know what to think. She was intrigued by it but just couldn't quite figure it all out. She would sit down for a few minutes, rub her hands in it, and then get back up.

When I purchased her snowsuit I also bought a snow tube so she could have some fun. She really enjoyed that! She would let out a little giggle every now and then.
Later in the day we took her down the hill in our backyard which is significantly bigger. She loved that.
It was so fun playing in the snow for a little while and watching her just explore it all! It was such a memorable experience for all of us.

Kyle and I both wanted to get a run in but we were unsure how the sidewalks were with all the snow. We decided to give it a shot and went out as a family. A 4 mile snowy family run was the perfect way to end the day.
Overall, E's first experience with snow was a huge success! We will probably head out later today and play around for a bit longer if it warms up.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

18 comments:

  1. You're pretty brave to be out there in the snow running. :) Your daughters is so adorable. I'm glad she got to play in the snow. That is always fun for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so adorable about her little sledding experience!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! So fun to experience snow for the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, her little jacket and hat are so cute!! What a fun storm!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww!! So cute! I'm glad she got to experience some snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pics! I am sure she had such a fun time playing in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of the best things I remember in my childhood. I hate it now because it usually gets me stuck at work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh yeah totally understandable. We didn't grow up experiencing snow so this was a treat for us too.

      Delete
  8. This is so fun, and I LOVE the cute hat! Toddlers in hats are just the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are the cutest pictures ever!! She is just so darn cute in her snowsuit!! Hurrah for playtime in the snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She looks so stinking sweet in that snow suit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh! She's so precious in her little snowsuit! There's something so funny about seeing little ones' first reactions to snow. Porter cried the first few minutes then LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cutie! I can't wait to take Alice out to play in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a fun experience! She was so enamored by it.

      Delete
  13. She is Adorable! I love the puffy snowsuits on little ones. What a sweet memory you have captured here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She had so much fun!!!! :) I am loving all of these special moments.

      Delete

Love hearing from you!! :)