Thursday, November 29, 2012

A girl and a Hammer

The last few days have been crazy busy!!! Here is a run down of what I have been doing:

Monday:

grocery shopping

cleaning marathon (after being gone a week the house needed it)

laundry

wrote up an inventory list of DVD's and Video Games

got rid of 3 old computers, I never thought busting up old hard drives could be such a blast. Kyle was laughing at me the whole time. By the way don't take apart the hard drive because there are little glass discs inside that will shatter everywhere (I learned the hard way lol)

Tuesday:

more laundry

addressed and stamped Christmas cards...is it normal to have 94 cards to send???

pulled weeds and swept outside

went through the spare room/master bedroom and got rid of a ton of junk

Wednesday:

vet appt for Emma (also got the animals records)

went through the office and got rid of more junk

busted up the old desk with a hammer, that was fun!

I finally feel like I have gotten rid of all the useless junk that we don't need. Our poor garbage man must think we are crazy haha. This morning I am sitting here waiting for the packing company to come do a pre-move survey. They need to see how much stuff we have so they know how many boxes and how much packing paper. I know these next few weeks are going to fly by.

Besides all this moving prep Kyle and I did do something pretty exciting last night. We went out and bought something that we have been wanting for a while:

A GUN!!

We have always wanted one and now that we have bought a home we want to have another means of protection (we already have an alarm system wired in the new house). I have always loved shooting and it will be nice to get some more practice. A good friend of mine was joking and said we are real Texans now haha.

I am excited for this weekend as it will be spent relaxing and we are also going to Kartchner Caverns (we went a few months ago but only 1 room was open) it is so much fun! 

Look how awesome this is!!


It is still an active cave so we can't bring cameras in with us but I got this picture of their website. 

I hope you all are having a great day!!


17 comments:

  1. I have always considered the use of a hammer therapeutic. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My image was intact w/the 94 cards (you seem really nice), but now I have images of you busting up things and shooting too, lol.

    Ya think ya know a blogger... :)

    Happy things are moving along. That cavern looks spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your husband didn't already own a personal firearm? I'm kinda shocked. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, you are so funny! I can so see the image of you hammering drives and desks! :D Sounds like a very eventful week though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy schmoly, you are a busy lady!!!
    -Jamie
    http://chatterblossom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been busy!

    My husband owns firearms, and he is sad that I don't like to shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is all awesome, I love destroying stuff when we don't need it anymore haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are like super duper woman getting all that stuff done! Go you!!!!
    I love to go shooting at the range with the hubs too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes ~ you guys are just now getting a gun? Really? I love mine!
    You have been crazy busy lady! I don't know if you saw my post today but I tagged you in it.
    I absolutely get if you are too busy to do it.

    Isn't busting stuff up so much fun? LOVE it!

    Lanaya
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Um... yah. you've been busy. Good luck with everything!

    xo, E

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have been one busy lady!!! But that's great that you've been able to get so much done. :) I can't wait to see how the new place turns out!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have a gun and it is what got me through the deployment! It was such a peace of mind!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoa! That is a busy day! The worst part of doing all that laundry, is that you just have to do it again in a week! Ugh...chores haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey busy lady! I'm so jealous you're getting rid of all your junk! I've been wanting to purge for so long! Hopefully once I'm feeling better. I've heard amazing things about those caves. Can't wait to check them out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow you have been BUSY!!!! I can't wait for our move either!! What day are you actually headed down there? We are road tripping the day after Christmas...yes we are nuts lol! I can't wait to see your new house all setup! Happy Friday friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow! your week sounds way more productive than mine :P definitely feels good to get rid of old junk :)

    new follower!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)