Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday Again?!

Another weekend has passed and as always dreading Monday. I don't work but there is just something about Mondays that is awful lol. Especially since I have been up since 7am waiting for the bug guy to get here. 

Before I get to our weekend, I need to acknowledge a special birthday: Our sweet cat, Fishy, turned 5 on Friday. I found him underneath a house when he was 4 1/2 weeks, he was deathly ill with an upper respiratory infection and I knew I had to take him. He has been such a joy for us and couldn't imagine our lives without him:




We had a great weekend spent mostly relaxing except for Saturday. We drove up to the Phoenix for the day and went here:





We had so much fun at this water park! Growing up we had one in Vegas but they closed it and I was so bummed. When we found out there was one in Phoenix we knew we had to go. It was a decent size and had a ton of great rides that left you saying "holy crap what just happened". There was one ride in particular:


Mammoth Falls


You are in an tube that fits 3-4 people and you go down a 3 story drop into a half pipe type thing and if you aren't hanging on you are flying out haha. It was awesome!!!


We had a great day there and started the 3 hour journey home. We always manage to come through rain and bad weather but it wasn't the rain that had us scared. As we were driving, I watched a dust devil come across the highway and catch a vehicle 2 ahead of us and slam it into a cement construction barrier. It was scary! Thankfully there was a cop behind us, I hope the lady is ok. 


The rest of the weekend was spent laying on the couch and watching the Olympics. It was a great way to end the weekend. 


I hope you all have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, happy birthday Fishy :)

    How fun! I love water parks!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)