Thursday, July 5, 2012

Baking and Fireworks

Yesterday I decided to make this fun rainbow layer cake. I am actively trying new recipes and I found this one on Martha Stewarts website. OMG it is sooo delicious, it tastes like a sugar cookie (so you can't eat a lot at once) and it looks pretty:

I will definitely be making this again!


Afterwards Kyle and I headed off to the Veterans Park to watch fireworks. Now we are used to the big event on post at Fort Bragg (can't have events like that on post here because it is so dry) so of course I was expecting to not be impressed. I was SO wrong. The fireworks went on for about 50 minutes and it was amazing!! I took some pictures and am really happy with how they came out:


Us waiting in the rain for the fireworks to start






It was a spectacular show and am so glad we went.


This morning we got up and headed off to the local farmers market. I love being able to support local businesses and farmers. We bought some amazing homemade tortillas ($3 for a dozen) and can't wait to  use them for fajitas tonight. I will be going back next week to buy some tamales. 

Today I am working on another yummy treat. I am making chocolate covered cheesecake bites for Kyle to take to class tomorrow. I can't wait to see how they turn out. 


I hope everyone is having a great day!!

1 comment:

Love hearing from you!! :)