Sunday, July 22, 2012

Birthday Weekend!

Since my birthday this year falls on a Monday (tomorrow, I will be the big 27!! Ahhh), Kyle and I decided to do something fun yesterday for it.

We got up and decided to drive to the outskirts of Tucson and go to the Colossal Cave Mountain Park! We were not disappointed! The cave was stunning and they believe it to be over 17 million years old. We saw a ton of stalactites, stalacmites and halactites! We were in awe of the beauty of this cave. It took us about 50 minutes to go through the guided tour and our guide was awesome, stopping and showing us all the fault lines that exist in the cave and a few rocks that resemble a witch and mr. magoo haha. Here are a few pictures:


Amazing!!



Kyle in the Drapery Room

The Drapery Room

The Witch

 Mr. Magoo!



"Bone Crusher" A tour guide broke his nose on this last year

 The Silent Waterfall
The view from atop the hill




After we finished up at Colossal Cave we decided to drive into Tucson and get lunch then check out the mall. We of course went to one of my favorite places: In N Out!! We walked through the mall for a while and then headed off to the Super Target (I love super target) so I could spend some of my birthday money.


We ended the night with Kyle grilling steaks for dinner and watching "Tombstone" (if you have not seen this movie, it's a must!!!! It is one of my all time favorites). Afterwards we played some games on the kinect (we traded our Wii in for it) and had a blast!


I am very thankful for the amazing gifts I have received so far from family for my birthday:


 I have been wanting a new camera and Kyle got me this beauty for my birthday. I love it and use it all the time!


My sister, brother in law and the kids got me this awesome new Harvey's Seatbelt Bag!! It's beautiful!!

My Dad and In-laws gave me money for my birthday which is always a good idea! I was able to get new clothes and then I plan on getting my hair done as well.


Even though tomorrow is my actual birthday, it has been a great celebration so far!! I plan on relaxing and doing nothing.


I hope everyone has had a great weekend.

5 comments:

  1. The Silent Waterfall is beautiful! I'm kind of jealous you got a new camera! ;) Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday again! :) What a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy (belated) Birthday! Looks like you had a great weekend. That pic of the silent waterfall was awesome! Have fun with that new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you guys have a lot of fun adventures! That gave is awesome. Hope you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)