Saturday, September 3, 2011

What I have been up to

Sorry I haven't blogged much lately. I have been thankfully keeping busy (it's not easy when you have no kids and you don't work haha). Last weekend I flew up to Erie, PA to finally meet the rest of Kyle's extended family (on his Mom's side). I had a great time!!! I felt comfortable right away and pretty much laughed the entire weekend. People thought I was really brave for doing this on my own but I am so glad I did. I can't wait to go back. I was glad I picked the weekend I did as I missed out on all the wind and rain of Hurricane Irene. 


I am really excited that summer is coming to a close. Don't get me wrong I love being able to swim and go to the beach but there is something magical about leaves changing, pumpkin patches, and fall. Kyle and I had so much fun last year participating in all the event that Fayetteville puts on. I hope to enjoy it all again this year (even though Kyle isn't here).


I also have been taking different classes through our MWR, mostly FRG related. I have 2 more that I will be taking next week. It's a great way to keep busy and also learn the in's and out's of frg's. In a few weeks I am going up to the Great Wolf Lodge for a deployed spouses retreat. I think it's wonderful that our brigade has put this together and I think it is a wonderful way to meet other spouses in different battalions. 


So far this weekend has been really relaxing for me. I foresee a lot of Netflix watching on top of the watching the NHRA in Indy on TV. I treated myself to an in-home mani/pedi. My sister told me about this awesome nail polish color from OPI and I found it yesterday:




I LOVE IT!!! It is the perfect Army green color and really pretty on.  


I also bought this one:

 It was definitely time I revive my nail polish collection and these two are great additions!


A few posts ago I talked about the break-ins happening on post. Thankfully things have been really quiet as far as that goes. I think everyone in the neighborhood are watching things a little more closely than before. Let's hope it stays quiet and we can get back to feeling safe again.


Kyle is doing well, I am still able to talk to him on a daily basis but we will see how long that lasts. Things are supposed to be changing in the next few weeks for them. As long as I know he is safe that is all I care about. I sent out 2 more packages to him yesterday. I think that brings the total in 3 months to about 14 haha. I love sending them and he loves getting them. So it's a win/win situation.


I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!








1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you are keeping busy. I love those nail polishes. What are the names of them?

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)