Monday, September 19, 2011

weekend away

This past weekend I was able to be a part of a deployed spouses retreat at Great Wolf Lodge. I was really looking forward to this trip, an opportunity to meet other wives in the brigade and really getting something out of it. Unfortunately, I was somewhat disappointed. There really was no structure to the weekend, the sessions were unorganized, and had nothing to do with dealing with deployments and how to keep your marriage strong (and keeping yourself sane). Some wives that I encountered were less than friendly (even some from our own unit). I did however make the most of it and enjoy the time I had there. I was able to see my brother-in-law yesterday afternoon at the NHRA race in Charlotte. It was nice to get out and enjoy the races! 


Last week, a group of ladies from our FRG were able to go to the Give 2 The Troops warehouse in Greenville. All I can say is WOW! This facility of absolutely amazing! We got enough food items and toiletries to put together over 150 care packages for the soldiers in our battery. Give 2 The Troops receives donations from many different companies, they allow FRG's to go in a take what they need for care packages. We had two vehicles FULL (I mean to the top) with everything we need. We are having a huge packing night to get these packages ready to go and sent out. Barbara Whitehead is amazing for creating such a wonderful organization.


I am really glad that fall weather is finally here! I love wearing jeans and a comfy hoodie!! This weekend I may get out all my fall decorations. Now if Halloween would get here faster it would be perfect! 


I hope everyone has a wonderful week!!







1 comment:

  1. hi i'm new to your blog and i totally relate to this post because i felt the same way about our spouses retreat this past winter.. it left quite a bit to be desired.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)