Sunday, September 11, 2011

NEVER FORGET!

I remember this day 10 years ago very clearly. I was a junior in HS and I was sitting at my desk at home watching the news like I did everyday. The first plane had already hit the North Tower and as I watched the coverage I watched the second plane hit the South Tower. I was numb, I was scared and I went into panic mode. I woke my Mom up and we stood in awe watching what was unfolding. I went to school and all of my friends just sat there not knowing what was happening and what else could happen. We then learned of the plane that hit the Pentagon and the plane that crashed in Shanksville, PA.


Looking back on that day I think of all those families who lost loved ones and who are still struggling to heal. My heart breaks for them and I always keep them in my prayers. The situation is very different for me now with being married to someone in the military who is deployed and fighting for our freedom against terrorism. We all have been affected and changed by these events 10 years ago. 


We will never forget those lives lost in the attacks and we will never forget those service men and women who gave their lives for our freedom. 


Thank you to those who continue the fight for our freedom, may you all come home safely!!















No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you!! :)