Sunday, September 25, 2011

Getting Healthy!

These last few weeks I noticed I was getting extremely tired easily and not feeling that great. I decided that I needed a change. I knew it was time to get healthy and back into shape. Here is what I have been doing to get myself started:


1. Completely cut out soda!! This is a huge deal for me and I am surprised at how easy it has been.

2. Drink no less than 1 gallon of water a day.

3. I take Emma on two 1 mile walks per day (once in the morning and once in the evening).

 She looks at me like this every time..lol...hoping we just turn around and go home.

4. Eating 3 meals a day. This was my biggest problem, I would eat a bunch of little meals but nothing ever substantial. 


I am amazed in just the short time I have been doing this at how great I already feel. I am probably going to add 2-3 days a week going to the gym. Tomorrow I am meeting up with a friend tomorrow (she is training for a huge walk for cancer) and we will be walking 19.5 miles. I love the RunKeeper app on my phone so I can track how I am doing. 


Speaking of walking, I am so incredibly proud of my Dad, my sister Lisa and my niece and nephew for participating in the Relay for Life in Santa Fe Springs, CA in honor of my Mom, Kathy. The event raised a total of $93,000 which is absolutely incredible. I can't wait to participate in this next year.




Besides my big walk tomorrow I have a busy week ahead. I am now part of our Care Team (on top of already being a Key Caller and Treasurer), so I have plenty of meetings for that and our big FRG meeting on Thursday. We are putting together the care packages for our battery, can't wait to get them sent out.


I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend!!! 



3 comments:

  1. Good for you for getting in shape! I am doing the same thing. I need to get better at eating healthy meals, but I'm already feeling better. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats great! I actually just took a lot of these same steps recently and it feels so much better. I actually participated in a relay for life in my town for 9 straight years - its such an amazing experience

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting healthy always makes you feel better! Glad you are enjoying yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)