Monday, November 19, 2018

Weekend in Review

Happy Monday!!!! 

I hope y'all had a great weekend, we sure did!

Kyle finally arrived home late Thursday night and it was pretty amazing. E was so happy to see him (when she realized where we were haha). He had most of Friday off so he was able to come to SLAM with us in the morning which is a rarity these days. It's always fun working out together.
Afterwards, we stopped by our favorite bakery to grab some donuts. They are so sweet there and usually give E a free cookie, she never complains. 

We had a really low key evening which we all needed. We played outside and didn't go anywhere. It was glorious. 

Saturday morning we headed downtown for a local 10k. I was SO excited that Kyle was back because that meant I didn't have to push the stroller haha. I recently got new running shoes so this race was their maiden voyage. They didn't fail me! The course was pretty hilly (as is most of downtown Fayetteville) but that's always a fun challenge. I could see Kyle in front of me and I tried so hard to catch him haha. No luck. We both finished and placed in our age groups! 2nd for Kyle and 1st for me.
We headed home after grabbing Starbucks and it was nap time for E! We got some stuff done around the house and then it was was date night time! The babysitter arrived and off we went. We haven't been able to go out just us in quite a while. 
It was the best! We went to dinner at a yummy Italian restaurant, went to our favorite cupcakery, and then wandered aimlessly around Target. It was a wonderful few hours! I am thankful for a babysitter that has no problem putting E to bed, she is wonderful!

We got home and went into relax mode. We headed to bed pretty early as we had an hour drive up to Raleigh the next morning. 

One of my favorite thing about running races is supporting the charitable organizations that benefit from them. The 5k on Sunday was no different. It benefited the Wake County SPCA. We are both animal lovers and it was so awesome seeing so many owners and their pups there to run plus dogs that are needing homes. It was even better seeing dogs in Christmas costumes haha. E loved it!!

It was a well organized event and so much fun! I crossed the finish line behind Kyle and had no idea that I was the 1st female. I've NEVER won the female division at a race before. I was shocked because there were so many amazing athletes there.
At the end of the day we are so happy to support such great organizations!

We made the drive back home and just lounged the rest of the day. We did make a very special FaceTime call to our amazing niece, Kylie, who turned 12! I honestly cannot believe that she is 12! I remember when she was born. She is just the most amazing kid and we love her to pieces. She is rad!
It was a pretty great weekend and it's so nice having Kyle home! 

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you!! :)