Wednesday, July 18, 2018

What I'm Loving Lately

After sharing my favorite running shorts in my last post I was inspired to share some of the other favorites things lately, most have to do with food. Let's face it when you're training for a marathon, you are ALWAYS hungry haha.

One of the things I have always struggled with is drinking enough water. We have a ridiculous amount of water bottles but none that are bigger than 20oz. I found this Contigo 40oz water bottle on Amazon and I'm loving it! I feel like I'm finally drinking enough water to keep myself hydrated during the day. It was only $16.84, that's a steal to me.


I don't know about you but later in the evenings I'm always looking for something to snack on. A few months back I came across the Angie's Boom Chicka Pop Sweet and Salty Kettle Corn. Holy cow, it's AMAZING!!! I'm obsessed. Haha. It's the perfect snack at the end of the day. I don't feel guilty eating it either as 1 cup is only 70 calories. 
One thing I have been trying to do lately is simplify dinners. That's where sheet pan meals come into play. They are life changing! I can throw everything on a pan, put it the oven, and 20-30 minutes later we have a full meal. A few days ago I made sheet pan steak fajitas. They were delicious and so easy. This is the recipe I used and they came out perfect. E loved the vegetables and ate a bite or two of steak (she is not a red meat kinda kid). You can make them with chicken too and they are just as delicious. I think I'm going to test out shrimp next time.
How many of you have ever had rolled ice cream?! I knew about it but had never had it until a few weeks ago. OH! It's life changing haha. Our town recently had a place open and we stopped in to check it out. We were not disappointed. It was so fun watching them make it! If you have a rolled ice cream place near you, run, don't walk there! 
This last item isn't food related! Haha shocker. A few weeks at a July 4th race I noticed that my current running sunglasses broke. I'm not going to lie, I was really upset! These have been with me every step of my running journey. RIP $5 Esprit sunglasses. I needed to find a new pair and finally jump on the Goodr bandwagon that most of my SLAM friends wear. They have quite a few to choose from but I got these. The name of the color made me laugh. I'm happy to report that so far so good! Let's hope it continues.
What are some of your favorite things lately!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you!! :)