Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Life Lately

In a lot of ways I feel like this past weekend went by at a snails pace. I blame the fact that Kyle worked 8pm-8am both Friday and Saturday. I'm used to him working odd hours but E wasn't a fan, she kept trying to distract him so he wouldn't leave haha. 

She walked up to him before he left one of the days and said "daddy, dance?!". My heart instantly melted and I'm pretty sure he was trying not to cry haha. It was so sweet!
To kill some time on Saturday morning, E and I headed to post for the monthly 5k fun run put on by MWR (Morale, Welfare, and Recreation). It was a great event and a few of my fellow SLAM moms were there as well.
It was ridiculously humid because it rained the night before but it was a great event. I had fun pushing E (which I rarely do) and afterwards we continued on for another 4 miles so I could check off my training run haha. She was content as usual, as long as she has her iPad and bunny snacks she is happy.

That evening she and I went to a birthday party for a friend's son. She played hard and passed out once it was bed time. 

On Sunday, I had a long run that I needed to get done and with Kyle working odd hours I had to adjust when I could get it done. He got home at around 11 and I was able to head to post to get it done. This was a 15 mile run and the longest distance I have run since the El Paso Marathon. I'm not going to lie, I struggled big time. It was mentally hard, I wanted to give up at every mile but I kept pushing. I had to remind myself that it was about the miles and not the pace at which I was running. I felt such a huge sense of relief and pride when I finished.
It's runs like these that reinvigorate me and remind me that I can do this! The rest of Sunday was really lazy for all of us haha. Kyle was running on a few hours of sleep and I was wiped out from the run. We just hung out at home and loved every second.

Yesterday was my birthday! It was a perfectly low key and wonderful day. It started out with my SLAM class and 33 birthday burpees! Woo hoo haha! E and I swung by Starbucks to get my free birthday drink and we ran some errands. She took a nap and I enjoyed a quiet hour to just relax. I was spoiled by family and friends with calls and messages. It was great!

One of my favorite gifts was from E. She got me this precious "Mom" necklace. 
We celebrated with dinner at Mod Pizza and cake/ice cream at home. It was perfect.
It was such a wonderful day spent with my two favorite people and I'm so thankful for all the love. I'll get to celebrate again this weekend with my family here and I can't wait! It's going to be amazing. 

I hope y'all had a great weekend!

PS: I'm still working on Part II of my home tour. It's coming soon, I promise!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you!! :)