Monday, July 16, 2018

Weekend Snapshots + A Favorite!

One of the things we knew when we came back to NC was that Kyle would be busy. Well, the fun has already begun haha. 

He had to work late on Friday so I wanted to make sure that E and I had a fun day planned. We met up with friends after SLAM to go blueberry picking. Doing things like this were always favorites when we lived in Kansas and this experience was no different. She was so happy running around with her bucket and picking blueberries off the bushes. We were able to get almost 2 pounds for only $2.86! We made blueberry streusel muffins with plenty leftover for E to eat. 
Since Kyle was working late, I knew getting my training run in meant taking E. She is such a good companion and just goes with the flow. Running with a stroller is HARD. I don't care how many times you do it, it takes so much effort.
Since we knew Kyle had to go to work on Saturday we decided to grab breakfast out. We went to placed called Metro Diner. Holy cow, it was delicious!!! Out of everything pictured my favorite item were the grits. I'm a sucker for good grits and these did not disappoint.
After Kyle left for work E and I headed up to Raleigh to do a little shopping. As usual Starbucks was involved and she enjoyed her lemon pound cake haha. This is the face of pure joy.
Sunday was more low key mostly due to my long run. I was up at 4:30am so I could drive to post. I knew that trying to get 14 miles in my neighborhood would be difficult. I felt great right off the bat and then thanks to uneven pavement at mile 3, I tripped and fell. As a runner you figure out quickly that if you fall, you fall on your side and that's just what I did. My knee was scraped but my shoulder and hand took the brunt. I got up, brushed myself off, and continued on. I felt a huge sense of relief and pride at the end of the run. I was proud of my pace and this is what I'm aiming for. I'm a little sore today from the fall but I'll be just fine. 
Yesterday was our nephew, Grayson's 7th birthday!!! How is he already 7!? I can't handle it. We will get to see him in a few weeks and I can't wait. 
Now on to one of my favorite things as of late!! Since I spent the majority of my time in workout clothes, it was so important to me to find a quality pair of running shorts. I usually wore target or old navy but found that they caused horrible chaffing if I ran more than 6 miles. I was finally convinced to try the Run Times Short II from Lululemon. I was a bit hesitant to spend $58 on a pair of running shorts but Kyle reminded me that I'm an athlete and it's important to invest in good products. Well, it's safe to say that I'm hooked! Not only are they comfortable but I have had ZERO chaffing since switching in April. Plus, they come in really fun patterns and colors. SO, if you are looking for good athletic shorts, check these out.
Hope y'all had a great weekend!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you!! :)