Wednesday, July 4, 2018

This and That

I feel like we have finally found our groove here! It's nice to have that routine of things to do everyday and we are all loving it. One of the big things that I checked off my list was registering E for preschool! She will start in September! It's a 3 days a week program and she will go for 3 hours a day. I think it's going to be great for the both of us. 

We started the weekend on Friday with a SLAM pool party and potluck. It was a beautiful but hot day. E was so happy but was not amused at my desire to take a photo beforehand haha.
Saturday morning it was an early start for us. We headed up to UNC Chapel Hill for a 5k. It was an absolutely beautiful race. The campus is gorgeous and the surrounding area was relatively shaded which helped quell the heat a bit. I felt really good the whole race and was pleasantly surprised that despite the heat I finished in 23:34. It was enough for 3rd place overall female. Kyle as usual was awesome especially since he is the one pushing E.
After we got home we spent the afternoon just relaxing and trying to stay cool. I headed off later that night for first Mom's Night Out here. It was so much fun. We met up for pedicures first which I was so happy about. This place was awesome and actually had a pretty extensive menu of different pedicures. It was worth every penny.
Then had dinner at a pizza place that can only be described as Subway for Pizza. It was amazing!!! I liked it so much that I took Kyle there on Monday haha.
Sunday was more low key and we spent time finally putting together the gallery wall I had been envisioning. I am obsessed with how it turned out!
On one of my many trips to Walmart on Sunday, I snagged this bubble machine for E. It's safe to say that she is obsessed. It easily is hours of entertainment for her.
One of the things that I have been wanting to do since we moved in was get rid of the pine straw in our planters. It was driving me crazy because it's just essentially dead grass and I hate it. We took a trip to Lowe's, got what we needed and got to work. 
Thank goodness for sales because this stuff isn't cheap haha. I am so happy with how it all turned out and now it doesn't bug me when I look at our yard.
E had her first swim lesson yesterday and she loved it. She is a little fish. She goes twice a week for 30 minutes each time which I think is perfect for her.
Now that I've written it all out we have been pretty busy the last few days. I'm not hating it though!

We don't have any big plans for the 4th tomorrow with the exception of a 4 mile race in the morning. I'm sure we will figure something out.

Whatever you all decide to do, I hope you are safe and enjoy the day celebrating with family and friends. Happy 4th of July!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from you!! :)