Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Fit Challenge: Results

Back in January, I posted here about the start of my workout groups Fit Challenge. Well 2 weeks ago we concluded the 9 week challenge. To be honest, I was completely unsure of this challenge, I knew I wanted to improve but I wasn't 100% committed. However, as time went on I got excited about it. I was excited to push myself and to focus on the nutrition aspect. 

Here is a recap of my initial assessment stats taken in January:

2 minutes of step ups (1 minute on each leg): 124
1 minute of thrusters: 27
1 minute of hand release push ups: 24
1/2 mile run: 3:38
Plank (for as long as you can): 1:44

Weight: 117.3
Body Fat %: 26.6
Waist: 28
Hip: 36
Thigh: 19.5

Over the course of the challenge, I focused a lot on nutrition. Eating more fresh vegetables and limiting meat to twice a week. However, there were days when I wanted something sweet and I indulged. It's okay to do that. I also increased my water intake, to me that is one of the most important things you can do. 

Here are my fit challenge results after 9 weeks:

2 minutes of step ups (1 minute on each leg): 139
1 minute of thrusters: 37
1 minute of hand release push ups: 31
1/2 mile run: 3:27
Plank (for as long as you can): 3:07

Weight: 112.4
Body Fat %: 22.7
Waist: 26
Hip: 33.5
Thigh: 19

While it was amazing to see the numbers change, what is more important is how I feel. I feel stronger and I feel more confident. It is amazing what you can do when you set a goal for yourself and you stick with it. It doesn't always go smoothly but what matters is how you feel in the end. Would I have been disappointed if I didn't see these type of results? No, because I knew that I did my best and I was confident in my abilities. 

More than anything it was inspiring and amazing to see this group of women work so damn hard to achieve goals that they had set for themselves. I was inspired every single day watching them push themselves. It made me push myself harder. 
(this was taken during our assessment as I was counting for my partner)

I really did learn so much over these 9 weeks especially when it comes to food. We have made a conscious effort to eat a few meatless meals a week and incorporate a wider variety of vegetables, it's been pretty great. Small changes can makes the biggest differences. It's all about how we fuel our bodies and that can change so many things.

Normally, I would feel weird about posting something like this, but more than anything I feel like it can serve as motivation for those who are looking to set goals but scared about the process. You can do anything you set your mind to! Anything is possible.

10 comments:

  1. What amazing results!! And you look ah-mazing!! Well done! Glad that the challenge helped you in so many different ways! Diet is so important - I struggle with not going on carb binges cos Singapore is a carb heavy country. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! My goal is keep walking and eat fruit and vegetables and maintain good health and a bit of weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! You have so much to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS IS FREAKING FANTASTIC! Please share more posts like this! Seriously, I am SO inspired!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Staying fit is certainly tough work

    ReplyDelete
  6. That plank time though! More than double! Way to go! These numbers are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dang. You are killing it on this challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)