Friday, March 16, 2018

Friday Favorites

It's Friday!!! Which for us means the start of Spring Break for Kyle! Woo! We are starting the day with a SLAM workout. I love that Kyle enjoys coming with me on his days off. He is the first to admit that it kicks his butt. 

It's always fitting to end the week with some favorites! Here are mine lately.

1. The weather! 

It is finally warming up here and we have been graced with blue skies! This is the Kansas weather that I will miss. We have been taking advantage of it and going on lots of walks.
2. Themed Races. 

I am a sucker for a good theme haha. Last week we ran the Westport St. Patrick's Day 4 miler. It also happened to be our SLAM event for the month. It was so much fun running with everyone. I love any excuse to dress up and have a good time haha.
3. Morning quiet time.

For those who have kiddos you understand how precious it is to have quiet time before the chaos of the day starts. I've been getting up a bit earlier lately and just enjoying that time, there have also been mornings where E has slept later. This time usually consists of solitaire and tea. I'm loving it.
4. Russell Stover's Caramel Bunny. 

Easter honestly is the holiday with the best candy haha. I cannot resist these caramel bunnies. They are so delicious, especially cold. Caramel and chocolate is my downfall.
5. E and her ability to climb down the stairs. 

She recently discovered that she can go down the stairs backwards. It is the cutest thing and she gets so excited when we let her. It's fun seeing her grow and learn how to do things like this. 
I hope you all have a great weekend! We are looking forward to lots of family time. 




10 comments:

  1. Quiet moments in the morning are so good for the soul. Enjoy the spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also a total sucker for a good theme, but I've never done a theme race! I'm more of a theme parties type of gal, but you inspire me to maybe look into one! I hope you had a great break and safe trip! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I wish our babe would figure out going down stairs. Right now he's like "head dive!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your theme outfit is amazing! I love the socks.

    Easter is VERY dangerous for me. I want to buy all the things and I say I'll make them last and eat them slowly but I never do...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is nice to get out when the weather's been rough. Always feels brand new, and that feeling never gets old. :) How fun that you had leprechaun socks, I love those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yum.....I enjoy Russell Stover candy alot!!! I used to get the small packaged ones for my mom and I still do....eat one for her! Especially the coconut cream ones. I've not bought any Easter candy yet! Megan bought some whopper eggs though so I ate a few. So far! WOW!!!E is growing and stair crawling already!? Fun! Amazing how fast little ones grow but better than the alternative! I showed Megan the Lego display the other day you posted on Facebook and she loved it! She's still my Lego maniac, as are my grandchildren.....and Justin too! Happy week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Caramel is my weakness!! Yums!! Love your socks for the St. Patrick's Theme race!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been trying to get up earlier for just that very reason! The alone time is wonderful for the soul. I really get amazed at how kids figure out how to do things like going down the stairs. It never gets old for me.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)