Friday, March 2, 2018

18 Months Later.....

It is hard to believe that as of yesterday we have a 1.5 year old! I mean honestly where has the time gone?! Kyle and I look at each other every day and thank our lucky stars that we get to be her parents and also that we have successfully kept her alive haha. 

It's hard to believe that E was ever this tiny.
She is now a boisterous 22 pound ball of energy haha! There is honestly no holding her back from doing anything. She is on the go all day long and the only time she is still is when she is sleeping, in the stroller, or carseat. 
 She has THE best personality! She is probably one of the friendliest and funniest kids I've ever come across. This shirt fits her to a tee. She says hi to everyone and loves to make her presence known. She  is obsessed with video chatting with family, she gets so excited. I can't tell you how many times that she has successfully turned my phone off airplane mode during SLAM and called both my Dad and sister. Haha. 
She has 10 teeth now and will pretty much eat anything and everything you put in front of her. She will always try something at least once. However, I am pretty certain that she is singlehandedly keeping the blueberry industry afloat right now. Of course, she will never say no to a delicious donut.
Sleep is one area that has never been a challenge (sorry to all those sleep deprived parents). She LOVES her sleep. She is down for the night between 6-7pm and does not get up until 6:30-7am. I attribute this to her being independent, she does not like being smothered or cuddled. So believe me we jump at the chance when she wants to sit still with us. 
As with most kids she is a sponge, she will repeat what she hears and she really enjoys her books.  She will usually carry a few around the house and end up in our laps so we can read to her. Or she will sit at her table in her play area and flip pages.
She is incredibly smart and somehow has already mastered sarcasm (pretty sure we are screwed lol). She will also give us looks like she is secretly judging us and I instantly see me, my sister, my niece, and my mom in that moment haha. She is all sass with a side of sweet. ;)
Emma and Fishy are still trying to figure her out. She loves them a whole lot and the shrieks of "puppy" and "kitty" are constantly echoing through the house. She gets as close to them as they will let her before they scamper away. A few petting sessions happen here and there, so that's a success.


It's hard to imagine what our lives would be like without her. She has brought so much joy and it's amazing watching her grow.
While being a parent is one of the most rewarding experiences it is also hard, really freaking hard. You're constantly wondering if you are doing the right thing for them and making the right choices. You also wonder, am I teaching them enough, are they growing, thriving, and where they should be socially and physiologically. At the end of the day, if they are happy and healthy, then job well done! 

17 comments:

  1. She is getting so big! She is beautiful and a wonderful reflection of what great parents she has! Sarcasm and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never realized until I was older of how much sleep we get when we are younger. I hope when I have a child, they'll be mostly down for the count when they go to bed instead of random waking ups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading this recap! It feels like you were just going through all the challenges with infertility! She is the cutest :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m having trouble with the fact that the girls are going to be 4 months old tomorrow and how much they’ve grown, I’m going to be a basket case when they’re as big as E! I love that she manages to call family during SLAM! That’s too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw you are doing a great job. She is so cute and I love that she is so independent and sleeps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo tiny!

    How is Emma doing, by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, she is getting so big!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's so big now. SO fun to hear more about her personality. She sounds like a little sweet pea for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet, sweet girl!
    I can only imagine how challenging it is to be a parent.
    You do a phenomenal job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is SO super cute! Looks like she is a happy little girl! Good job momma!

    ReplyDelete
  11. E is seriously soooo adorable. I can't believe she is 18 months. And girl, that is awesome that she sleeps that well. My girls are 3 years old and are still having trouble with sleeping all night.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is adorable! She also has the best parents. Our girls need to slow down!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 18 months already? Where has the time gone, E???

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is so cute! I can't believe she's 18 months already!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)