Monday, March 26, 2018

Mission Accomplished

So sorry for the radio silence on the blog for the last few days! Last week, I headed off to North Carolina to house hunt. It really was a whirlwind trip, I got there Wednesday afternoon and left Friday morning. 

I was lucky enough to have a wonderful friend let me stay with her and she was awesome enough to go house hunting with me. We have been working with a realtor for the last few months. She created a listing cart with homes to consider and when I got there I had roughly 18 to look at. We eliminated a few right off the bat before we even looked at them. 

The first home we looked at was absolutely perfect. It had everything we wanted. It's a new construction with 4 bedrooms plus a bonus room, 3.5 bathrooms, and a fenced in backyard. It was also the price point that we were comfortable being in. I knew deep down that it was the house we wanted but I agreed to look at more just to be sure. By the end of the day and seeing a few more houses, I knew the first house was it.

We submitted an offer and waited. The next day we saw a few more houses and then ended up back at first house. While we were there we got notification that the builder accepted our offer with all of the things we asked for to include blinds on all of the windows. To say we were thrilled is an understatement. My friend and I celebrated with a cupcake, dinner out, and some wine. It was so nice to have that time with her. 
It's in the most desired school district, close to stores/restaurants, and is 23 minutes from where Kyle will be working, walking distance to the pre-school that I want E to attend, and it just felt like home. Win! 

Without further adieu, here is the house we will call home at the end of May!
Living Room
 The built-ins are just amazing!
 My new kitchen!
 Dining Room
 Master bathroom
 Master Bathroom
 I couldn't say no to the bathtub haha.
The backyard is amazing, this is just one side of it!
One of my favorite things is that there is a Jack and Jill bathroom between two of the bedrooms. It's such a fun concept and one that I have always loved. E will have her own bathroom which will be nice. Also, plenty of space for visitors! Which I hope we will get a lot of.

I only took a few photos but I can't wait to share more when we move in. 

I am so happy that I left NC with a house! I didn't want to just settle for anything so I am thrilled that we were able to find something that fit all of our needs and wants. It was definitely meant to be!

20 comments:

  1. YAY! So glad the trip was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I love the mantle and all the hardwood floors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! So glad you found something you love! Those built ins have me drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's a really nice house

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! The house looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited for you guys and that your trip was a successful one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful. I want a Jack and Jill bathroom in our forever home! Always thought they were so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!!! I am so happy for y'all!!! It's absolutely beautiful!!! When I read the sentence about being near the preschool you'd like E to attend, it hit me that she is getting so BIG!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad the trip was worthwhile and this is DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woohooo!! So happy for you guys that you had a successful trip!! And OMG, the house looks ah-mazing!! I can't wait to come visit!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! What a beautiful house. I'm so happy everything worked out just as you hoped.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your new house! It’s so beautiful! If you kept on going back to the house, I’d definitely say it was the right pick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That house is incredible!! I am so excite for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad everything fell into place. It's a very lovely looking home!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That house is SO beautiful! Congratulations! The house we're in now was one of the first ones we looked at and we just kept coming back to it. When you know, you know!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats! Your new place is about five minutes away from our old house in Fayetteville!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is an amazing house! SO excited for you all!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)