When I got the okay from my doctor to start running again, I knew I wanted to fill my calendar with some fun races. I wanted to take advantage of the cooler weather and our last fall in Louisiana.
1. Kiwanis 5Kostume Fun Run (10/29)! We loved this race last year, it will be ran in the evening this time which is perfect because the Halloween shirt we got Kyle glows in the dark haha.
2. McNeese Cowboy Gallop 10k (11/5). This is the first race we even ran after we moved to Louisiana and we loved it. It's fun because the finish line is on the football field of the university.
3. Pensacola Half Marathon (11/13). I was supposed to run this race last year but rain put the damper on that. This year though I will be running it with Kyle and my sister! I can't wait.
4. Great American Smokeout Turkey Trot 5k (11/19). This one is being held at the hospital on post and it's free, plus you can't beat helping people stop smoking.
5. Turkey Trot 5k (11/26)! This is the first year for this race and we always love an excuse to promote the towns surrounding us. We even talked my Dad into doing this one with us!
6. Ugly Sweater 5k (12/3). We had a blast running this last year and we are excited to include E in on the ugly sweater fun haha. However, it will be hard to top our sweaters from last year but I'm sure going to try.
7. Cajun Country Half Marathon (12/10). This is my 3rd year running this race and it's amazing. I was actually 4 weeks pregnant last year and I had no idea. I can't wait to for that side by side comparison photo now that we have Emmy.
It's going to be fun running 7 races in a row, I'm not going for speed, I'm aiming to just have fun and enjoy the races.