Friday, November 22, 2013

Let's Run!

Since we found out Kyle won't be deploying we have been filling up the open space with lots of races. He is pretty awesome about it and never objects to any of the ones I suggest. Right now this is what we have already registered for:

November 23rd: Turkey Trot 10k
December 7th: Fort Bliss Holiday 8k
December 14th: Virtual Half Marathon
January 11th: Fort Bliss Half Marathon
January 26th: Biggest Loser Half Marathon
February 23rd: El Paso Marathon
April 12th: The Jailbreak Mud Run 5k

Are we a little crazy?! Probably but we have the best time running together. We have the most random conversations and while I know running at my pace is hard on him he still does it with a smile on his face.

On Tuesday I was able to pick up my commemorative medal for running the Transmountain Challenge and Flying Horse Half Marathons. I had a great experience running both of these.


Speaking of running I did recently get asked about what I suggest for running gear. To be honest, I'm a pretty simple person. I don't go for name brand I go for what is comfortable. The only thing I will recommend is get fitted for good shoes! This can make a huge difference in your running, good shoes are essential. All of my running capris, sports bras, tops have come from Old Navy. They are decently priced and great quality. Now with the colder weather pullovers have been my favorite thing, I found a few at Nordstrom Rack and at Target. I will be investing in a camel back for the marathon...staying hydrated will be the biggest challenge.

Hope this helps, I'm not a huge wealth of information I just know what has worked for me. :)

Hope you all have a great day!

24 comments:

  1. A camelback is a must have!!! I also recommend compression socks. They made a huge difference for me at least! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried compression socks and I really wasn't impressed. They didn't do much.

      Delete
  2. Wow! That is a lot of runs that are coming up. I hope you have fun at them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I have been following your blog for a while now and I figure it is about time I say hi. Haha. That is an intense race calendar! I'll be running the El Paso Half and I have been thinking about adding some shorter distances leading up to it. This definitely gave me some ideas. Good luck with your training!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely add some shorter distances, there are always a ton of races and events going on. :)

      Delete
  4. You are amazing!! You go girl! Happy Friday and have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good shoes DO make a world of difference. That is most excellent advice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so awesome! you guys are beasts! The first 5 are so close together!! Best of luck on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, girlie! Good for you guys!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa! That is a packed schedule! I use a hydration vest made for women that is awesome. I was using my husband's army camel bak but it was too big. (I drink a lot even on short runs.). Good luck with your races! I can't wait to read about them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you run in running tights before? It was quite chilly during my last run and I'm wondering if those are warmer than regular work out pants. I am very impressed with your running schedule and it sounds like lots of fun! I'd love to do all of that too but I'm usually too cheap to pay for a lot of races. I actually found a way to volunteer and run for free. I just can't do both on the same race. Love ya! You are huge inspiration to me! Esther Norine Designs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, lots of races! But good for you two!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good shoes are an absolute must for running. Look at you go with all those races scheduled. I'm totally jealous!!!

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    http://raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shoes are definitely the most important thing. I've found the brand that works perfectly for me, and I'm sticking for it. Shorts-wise, I'm cheaping out and use Richard's ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Running again?! Go for it and glad you can do it together. Phil and I like to walk together in the evening. But since it's my day off, I'm headed out in a few minutes for a walk while it's still light. By the time we are done with dinner after work it's dark. It's dark b4 I get off work now. Sigh! And I'm working on losing a few more pounds. 4 more to go to get to one goal and thinking of a salad for lunch 2x a week, bought makings of it today! Take care and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're absolutely awesome! Way to go girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Way to go! I wish I had your ambition. I did a 5k with the hubbs last month but that's the only one we did/have planned. I should research some more cause they are really fun! Even for me...since I am not the best runner!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome! I wish there were more races here. :/ I've done 2 virtual races and they're fun but not the same. Good on you for all those!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are my hero.. seriously.. all of those races! So awesome! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that you two run together and enjoy races together! Good luck with your upcoming events :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't know how you run when it's cold!! I guess I'm a wuss, haha.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)