Monday, August 19, 2013

Lucky #5!

Saturday morning Kyle and I finished our 5th race of the year. This one was the Inaugural Rhino Run 8k. All of the proceeds went to the Ronnie's Kids Scholarship Fund. It helps kids get sports equipment. We thought it was amazing what they were doing and wanted to be a part of it. The race started at 8am and it was a GORGEOUS route. It went along a golf course and the views were spectacular. It was a side of El Paso we had never seen before. I stepped it up for this race because I wanted to push myself and see how fast I could go. When we hit the clocks at the finish line we finished 4.97 miles in 52:15. I was elated!!!

In the bags we were given they had fliers for several other races coming up. I couldn't pass some of them up so I registered for 4 more.

September 7: Future Engineers 5k
September 22: Tony Mena Memorial 8k Race for PTSD Awareness
October 19: Grape Race 8k at Zin Valle Vineyards
November 9: Desert Dash 10k


This race was so well put together that we will definitely be participating again next year. 

The rest of our weekend was spent relaxing and laying around the house, which we both needed.

I hope you all had a great weekend!


27 comments:

  1. way to go! you are killing it with all the races. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the huge rhino, haha! You guys are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lot of fun!! And it's awesome you have so many other great races coming up too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your time! You're doing so great with all of your races.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm impressed with how many races y'all run. And that giant rhino is pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 4 more races!!! That is awesome! Your time is awesome. So proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so much braver than I...one race finish for me would be a m.i.r.a.c.l.e. :) Congrats on the finish and the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great cause :) Congrats on another one down!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woo Hoo!! Another race competed, so exciting! I will live vicariously through your running because i have yet to find any motivation/ self discipline or anything to workout...blah. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's official - YOU'RE ADDICTED. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for another great race!! Your October and November races sound absolutely AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You guys are awesome!! Those races are addicting, huh?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You two are such a freakin' power couple! Look at you go!
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Awesome!!! All of those races sound awesome! I wish I had the motivation to run :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so fun, I never thought I would enjoy it so much!

      Delete
  15. That sounds so awesome! And I agree, racing can be SO addicting. My new running partner is practicing for a half-marathon, and even though I'm not nearly ready, I SO want to sign up. Glad you had a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the fact that you two run together!

    ReplyDelete
  17. One of my deployment bucket lists is to run a race!!!! So adorable that you two run together. :)

    http://thebrunchdiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) We have so much fun running them together.

      Delete
  18. Way to go! Great job! That grape runs sounds like something that would be right up my alley. Is there free wine at the finish? :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good for you! Glad you did well and even under an hour! Hurrah!
    We walked 3 miles in the woods at an estuary, while on our coast trip. Didn't get to where we had planned. But the walk was nice and QUIET! And we had a great time together. i usually don't walk that far and I did great. Not running yet! Hugs and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's so awesome! So happy these runs are bringing you so much joy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)