Monday, August 12, 2013

Last Weekend Together

This weekend was our last weekend with Kylie and we knew we had to make it fun!

Kyle had Friday off so we headed to the El Paso Zoo. She loved it (so do we) and had a blast looking at all the animals.


After the zoo we headed to post to have lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings, you can never go wrong with that. We then headed home for an afternoon of pool fun! After a few hours we were all exhausted.


Saturday we got up bright and early to head off to New Mexico. We started out with the New Mexico Space History Museum. It was incredible!!! We will definitely be going back. Kylie loved seeing all the space artifacts and shuttles/rockets.


Then it was time for peach picking. We went to a local farm in NM and took home 7lbs of fresh peaches right off the tree. It was absolutely gorgeous up there and we can't wait to go back for their apple harvest next month. After we finished up at the farm we stopped at a little country store called The Old Apple Barn. Kylie had the best homemade chocolate ice cream and we had root beer floats. I want to go back and try their pies.


Sunday we spent the day relaxing and preparing for our trip back to Las Vegas. I also decided to use some of those peaches to make a peach cobbler:


I want to eat the whole thing, haha.

We have had a blast having Kylie with us for these 2 weeks. We will definitely miss her. 

I hope you all had an amazing weekend!

28 comments:

  1. Im sure she will remember how special you made this trip for her forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely weekend! so glad you guys had this time with your niece. :) (and that cobbler looks tasty!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing weekend and trip! She is one lucky girl, and I imagine she definitely knows that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great weekend you had with Kylie and Kyle! :) My husband would totally agree, you can't go wrong with Buffalo Wild Wings. Safe travels taking Kylie back home to Las Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome that you got this time with her! It is something you will all cherish I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's so lucky to have such a caring aunt and uncle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to go pick peaches or apples or some kind of fruit. Y'all make it look so fun, and that cobbler looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing weekend!!! Even though it's so simple, the pool party looks fabulous. I love how much Kylie loves Kyle!!
    Hope you have a great week! And safe travels whenever Kylie heads back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Send me some of that peach cobbler! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, I need to hang out with you guys! I love that little pool, and cobbler? Man, you're after my heart on that one. I hope time flies quickly for you and, before too long, you are writing about your next fabulous weekend together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What awesome an awesome Aunt you are!I This looked like an amazing last weekend you and Kyle put together for everyone...I want to come hang out with you guys!!

    I hope she made it home safely! I know I always loved spending time with my Aunt because she planned a lot of special things just like you and Kyle did :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Being from Buffalo, I can tell you that Buffalo Wild Wings isn't bad when it comes to trying to mimmick real wings. If you ever come up north, I'll show you the REAL good stuff, but BWW is a pretty good alternative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmm... cobbler is one of my favorite things ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun are you guys??? Can you come entertain my kids?? haha! We did some blueberry picking over the weekend, but have nothing to show for it since we ate everything we picked :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha It's taking all I have to not eat the rest of the peaches haha.

      Delete
  15. Looks like you guys had a blast spoiling her! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww, such a fun day and to be topped off with peach cobbler?! Perfect!
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks like you had a great time with your niece! Did you spoil her while she was visiting? :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. She's probably always remember her summer visit too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad you had such a wonderful weekend with your loves! Hugs girl. I know you are sad.

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    Raising-Reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great weekend! But I know it's always hard to say goodbye. :(

    ReplyDelete
  21. It looks like you had so much fun! It is so awesome you got to spend so much time with Kylie. Also, that peach cobbler sounds delicious, have some for me!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Glad you had a great time over the weekend with your niece. I'm sure she had a good time as well with. Spoil her rotten then take her home. The peach cobbler makes my mouth water and I want some NOW! Maybe with some chocolate ice cream! HA! Thanks for sharing! Have a good trip to LV.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You guys look like you had so much fun! Also, I love your bathing suit.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fun and educational weekend! So glad you had this time together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Definitely looks like fun, and I'll take some of that Peach Cobbler!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)