Tuesday, August 13, 2013

5 Things

Recently I was tagged by the wonderful Meg at borrowed heaven to participate in the 5 things post. I had so much fun doing this, so thanks Meg!!!

First, here are my five BLOG CRUSHES:
Letters from a Mermaid
Displaced Hoosier Hospitality
Munchkins and the Military
Life with Giggles
sitting in a tree

And now the 5s:

Five Things I Have a Passion For:
- My husband/family
- Volunteering
- Running
- My furbabies
-Drag Racing
 
 
Five Things I'd Like To Do Before I Die:
- Bungee Jump
- Visit Germany to see where my grandfather fought during WWII
- Drive my Dad's racecar
- Open a bakery
- Travel the world
 
 
Five Reads I Love:
- Hunger Games Trilogy
- Portrait of a Killer
- The Time Traveler's Wife
- Here Comes The Bride
- The Help

Five Favorite Movies:
- Gone With The Wind
- Pretty Woman
- Shawshank Redemption
- Tombstone
- Silence of the Lambs
 
 
Five Places I Want To Travel:
- Italy
- Australia
- Ireland
- Scotland
- Alaska
 
 
I am supposed to tag 5 bloggers to participate in this. I'm not good at picking just 5 so please if you want to participate go right ahead! :) Can't wait to see your responses.
 
Hope you all have a great day! I'm off to Vegas today to take Kylie home but I'll try to blog while I'm gone.

20 comments:

  1. Open a bakery is probably my favorite thing on your list :) That sounds amazing! I also love how much you love racing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Meg. I'd love to own or even just work in a bakery. Almost everyone who comes in is celebrating something! Must be a happy place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we travel to Australia together?!?!!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You want to open a bakery?!?! DO IT, SISTER! What are you waiting for? Take a risk!! I know you'd be a success :) Husband and I have been in a transitional season where we have decided to chase our dreams, no matter the cost. Husband wants to make films and I dream of having a successful quilt shop on Etsy.. they're odd goals, but if we don't try, we will always wonder! Since we don't have children yet, now is the perfect time to take a risk! Be encouraged :) doooo it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Safe travels! I like your travel goals. I'm dying to go to Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are my blog crush too! Is it creepy that I have an icon for your page on my iPhone..?
    I love your lists! Australia is one of my places too! I'm hoping that since we're going to Hawaii, we might be able to get over there!

    Have a safe trip to Vegas!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vegas!!! I want to vist home so bad. But getting 3 kids there from Alaska does not seem fun at the moment. haha :) Say hello to the sunshine and warmth for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely have your hands full, I know it's tough to get home. Hugs!

      Delete
  8. I think opening a bakery would be so fun! I hope you can accomplish it one day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww - you're totally a blog crush of mine too. I love how your blog touches all subjects. Always something new.

    Plus, anyone who can run that much and still make homemade ice cream is pretty fab in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bakeries are awesome, especially the German ones ;-) I spent the last days of my vacation filling up my freezer chest with baked goods for days when I don't have the time to bake fresh...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to come to your bakery when you open it ... so get on it!!!

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    Raising-Reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Drag racing?? You never cease to amaze me, lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! I have been around it my whole life, it's awesome!

      Delete
  13. Hello, sweet Jen! :) I was so excited to see my blog tagged in this post! Reading your blog has been such an uplifting experience and your powerful positivity has always been an inspiration. I can't wait to pass on the fun. THANK YOU!! :)) Have a fabulous night and beginning of the week, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to go Italy, Australia, and Alaska.

    I would want to go Germany too -- that is where my Grandpa served too! What was he in like which branch of military?

    Opening a bakery would be fun but I think I may eat all of it before could sell LOL.

    Munchkin and Military is one of my crushes too! she is awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are great lists! I'd love to travel the world too. There's so much to see!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We just watched Tombstone! Such a great movie (All your favorite movies are great choices). Except I haven't seen Silence of the Lambs. We have it, but I haven't been brave enough yet to try it...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Huh, I wouldn't have pegged you for a drag racer ;)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)