Tuesday, December 5, 2017

TBB Asks: Christmas Edition

I saw this fun Christmas prompt yesterday hosted by the ladies at The Blended Blog and wanted to participate. 
1. Real or Fake Tree? We are on the fake tree team as of right now. Real trees are known to be toxic to cats so because of our sweet Fishy we have to have a fake tree. I'm okay with that though, I love ours. What you can't really see if the lack of ornaments on the bottom haha. Blame the cute little blonde that lives in our house.
2. Favorite Christmas Cookie? Oh man, this is a tough question because I love most Christmas cookies haha. My favorite though would have to be my moms Spritz Cookies. I've tried to recreate them but they just never turn out the same. For the last few years I've made a raspberry almond thumbprint and it's delicious!

3. Home on Christmas Morning or Travel? This is all depends on where we are living. Last year we stayed home on Christmas morning because it was E's 1st but this year we will be traveling to see my family in Florida.

4. Clear or Colored Lights? I'm indifferent when it comes to this. I love all sorts of lights! We have colored lights on our Christmas tree. Outside we have blue lights with garland that has colored lights.
5. Send Christmas Cards? YES!! I am a huge fan of both sending and receiving Christmas cards. There is just something special about opening the mailbox and seeing it fill with notes from friends and family.

6. Favorite Christmas Present Received? This is a hard one because I have received so many amazing ones. However, I will say that when my parents took my sister and I to Hawaii for 10 days is probably at the top. It was incredible.
7. Favorite Christmas Present Given? Oh gosh, I've given a lot of gifts over the years. Not sure I could really pick which has been my favorite. The custom Game of Thrones cutting board that I gave my sister was pretty cool. I just love seeing the joy on people's faces when they receive a gift. 

8. Stockings or No Stockings? Definitely stockings! Even the furry kids have a stocking in our house haha. They are a must and the perfect vessel for fun little gifts.
9. Christmas PJ's? I do like a good pair of Christmas PJs. We had National Lampoon Christmas Vacations pajamas a few years ago and they were awesome haha. I always get Christmas PJs for our nieces and nephew, now that we have E she will get new jimmies every year as well.

10. Favorite Christmas carol? Can I be honest?! I'm not a huge fan of Christmas music, I think because most places start playing it so early that it just drives me crazy. 

11. Favorite Holiday Tradition? This is one that Kyle brought into our family. We do our best to watch Claymation Christmas and A Muppet Family Christmas on Christmas Eve. They are the best and you should definitely watch them.
12. Early shopper or last minute? I'm definitely an early shopper. I have to get it done early because if I don't, I tend to panic and no one likes a panicky Jen. Plus, most of the time gifts have to be shipped and beating the rush is important.

13. Favorite Christmas Movie or Show? Of course, the traditional A Christmas Story but it is followed closely by Elf. I just can't get enough of it haha! 

14. Favorite Holiday Beverage? I'm not a huge fan of seasonal drinks so I tend to go for a plain ole' hot chocolate. 

15. Cookies and Milk for Santa? Yes!!! I plan on starting this with E this year and I'm really excited. You can never go wrong with this tradition.

Link up and share your answers!


12 comments:

  1. Love that so many have stockings for the fur babies. Your tree and lights are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stockings are a must!
    I love Muppets Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris brought Muppet Christmas Carol to our family too, and we always try and watch it every year! And I couldn't pass up watching Elf every year at Christmas! And I swear Christmas cards are the best! We got our first one yesterday, and I can't wait to get more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny because we have always been a real tree family. In a bucket so we could re plant and give back to the world. But now my daughter is so allergic to pine trees we have a fake tree and I like it so much more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your stockings! And I am with you on shopping early. I love giving presnets so I like to have time to pick out gifts and get them shipped. I'm honestly not a huge fan of Christmas music either. I think that hearing it so early has made me get sick of it. I do love The Nutcracker and other instrumental Christmas music though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally with you on shopping early! I think the best part is seeing peoples faces when open their gifts. Love the stockings for your pets. They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We always had colored lights on our tree growing up and now I have white lights on our tree and outside. I kind have miss colored lights!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate Christmas music!! Ahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where do you find the Claymation Christmas?!? That's one of my favorites from childhood and I can't find it ANYWHERE! :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for going to spend Christmas in Florida this year! I know your sister and her family will be SO glad to have y'all, plus it will be so much warmer! :) Also, I think it's neat that you said one of your favorite gifts was actually an experience. Definitely proves that thats what kids really need and want too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also don't really like Christmas music. Which is a shame because John LOVES it. Ah well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Trips away are always my favourite presents, so I can say that a trip to Hawaii would definitely be my best gift ever! You all look so happy in that photo, it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)