Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Running in 2018

One of the things I always look forward to in a new year is the new events that we get to run! Since we only have about 6 months left in Kansas, we are going to be checking off some fun events.

Here is what we already have planned for 2018.


Kyle is excited about this one because the finisher prize is a coffee mug. However, he is Team Coffee and I'm Team Cocoa. It looks to be a fun event to kick off 2018.

This one happens on Super Bowl Sunday. We couldn't think of a better way to spend the morning than running. It's an excuse to indulge in all the yummy game day food.

I love a good 10k race and this one I have heard is amazing! A local running company (KC Running Company) organizes most events and they are always the best. 

I think this is the one that I am most excited about. They encourage you to dress up as your favorite storybook character for the event. I am still figuring out what we will dress up as but I can't wait.
5. St. Patrick's Day 4 Miler

We always love a good theme race and what a better day to run than St. Patrick's Day. A few friends of mine ran this last year and had a blast. I knew we had to add it to the list.
6. Great Plains 10k

This event occurs in 3 different locations to include Kansas City. It is one of the most popular events in the Spring and I didn't want to leave here without doing it.

This is a 44.4 mile event that can be done solo or with a team. You can have up to a 10 person team to complete it. As of right now a group of us from SLAM will compete and Kyle will compete with members of his small group. Individuals will run from Kansas City, MO to Lawrence, KS. 

This is the event that has me the most nervous, haha. That's saying a lot because there aren't many things that make me nervous. For this event we will be running 3 half marathons in 5 weeks. Rock the Parkway Half, Garmin Half, and the Running with the Cows Half. We completed the Heartland 30k series this year so we figured why not complete the 39.3 mile challenge.
All of this will be leading up to Chicago Marathon on October 7th. These will be vital training miles as well as fun. Speaking of the marathon for those that are interested I am still actively fundraising for Homes for Our Troops. Feel free to share my page and lets get the word out about this amazing organization. Homes for Our Troops Fundraiser

Here is to an active 2018!

14 comments:

  1. All of these sound like great events. I love the idea of running before the Superbowl to make up for all the delicious calories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I'm so excited to follow your Chicago Marathon journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Kickoff 5k and Sweetheart Run are neat ideas! I'm excited to hear about your marathon training!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound so fun and makes me want to do them with you!! I'll be there in spirit cheering you on!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are my running inspiration! I love all these themed races. Your area must have a really good race following to have so many options.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you already have races picked out for next year! The storybook race would be so much fun to run with E and have her dressed up as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are going to kill it in 2018! I'm so excited to follow you with it all. It'll be fun in the next year or two for E to hop out of the stroller and run a little bit with you guys too. :) That'll be here sooner than you think! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun races! I have been looking into adding more races in 2018. I was going to do one over Super Bowl Sunday too but they said no headphones allowed and a half marathon with no tunes? No way. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many runs! I'm glad you're doing what makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These all sound so great!! I can't wait to follow along your running journey again this year! :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)