Friday, December 1, 2017

Friday Five

Happy Friday and Happy December!!! I am still having a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that the year is almost over. 

Here are five things happening around here.

One:

We found out about 2 weeks ago that Kyle will be getting promoted to Major in January! We are thrilled and have been figuring out the ceremony/reception details. I wasn't able to be at the ceremony when he was promoted to Captain so I am extremely excited for this! His mentor and dear friend is (hopefully) going to come and conduct the ceremony.
Two:

Our favorite snack of the year has arrived! Cougar Gold from Kyle's alma mater, WSU. If you have never had it please go order some from here. It is the BEST white cheddar you will ever eat. I'm doing my best to not eat the whole thing ha!
Three: 

We have been having some unseasonably warm weather lately so a friend and I took advantage of it by taking our girls to the Kansas City Zoo. We both have memberships so you can't beat a free trip. E loved being able to ride the train and carousel. It was a nice way to spend a few hours. 
Four:

Now that it's December it's fair game for all things Christmas! Yay! I'm even finished with Christmas shopping so that's a huge win. I have my holiday party for SLAM tonight and we are potentially running 3 holiday themed races this weekend (we are signed up for 2 right now haha). I love any excuse to break out the ugly sweaters however our weather will be in the 60's this weekend so it might be ugly t-shirts. Hopefully I will get to wear this sweater soon!
Five:

I have to say that morning time in our house is my favorite time of day. We all get to spend about an hour together before Kyle heads off to class. Evenings are great but E is usually tired and not as active. She spends the mornings running around and making us laugh. I did snap this photo of her and Kyle yesterday having a "conversation" about her book. I just love seeing these two together.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!


21 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Kyle! What an accomplishment!
    I am done Christmas shopping too! Well, I just have to get one more thing for Nick but other than that I'm all done. I love shopping early because it lets me just enjoy the rest of the holidays. I might pick up a couple of things here and there but I like to be able to just enjoy without any stress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Kyle and your family on his promotion! That’s awesome news. I’m all finished Christmas shopping as well, I can’t believe I finished up so early this year but I’m so happy it’s December and time for all the holiday things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always think its funny to see babies try to say real sentences but its just not coming out right. But they are trying so hard, they probably think "why you no understand?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Kyle!! What an accomplishment. I also need to go check out that cheddar - we are HUGE cheese fans at our house. Have a great weekend, Jen!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to Ky;e, what an honor! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to Kyle on his promotion!! Way to go! I like you ugly sweater. I nearly bought an ugly sweater cookie set at Trader Joe's the other day. Real sweaters I've not seen yet. Big daddy and little girl so cute! Good memories for the future so E will see them later! Busy days for me with shopping and getting tree decor done this weekend and cards too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big big big congrats to Kyle and your whole family! I'm so excited to continue following your family and seeing where the army takes you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited for you and Kyle!! Being promoting to Major is a huge deal! Why are ugly Christmas sweaters so expensive! Kudos to you for having your shopping done! I only have my hubs left to do. So I'm almost there. Happy Friday and Happy Decemeber!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to Kyle for his promotion to Major, I know that you are very proud of him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to Kyle! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such sweet moments! Congrats to Kyle of his promotion. I think zoo memberships are perfect for families with young ones. When the zoo is less busy, then the little have room to run too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. NOOO! I just went to order some cheese, because I remember you mentioning it before, and it's all sold out for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats Kyle! I just know my husband and yours would get along so well. Someday we will all be a little closer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they would!! I really hope we will live closer at some point.

      Delete
  14. Woohoo!! Congrats on his promotion!! That's amazing news!! Hope you had a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats to Kyle! I cannot wait to ditch these railroad tracks, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow well done Kyle! That's amazing. I hope the ceremony goes really well.

    I need to get a move on with my Christmas shopping. Argh!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats to Kyle! Hope it all goes as planned for the celebrations. Zoo passes are the best. They pay for themselves the more you go and because of that I don't mind seeing different areas over time. Its our favorite investment for the kids. I'm glad Kyle gets to spend time with you all in the mornings. It's really something special to see dads interact with their kids. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats to Kyle! Another white cheddar I LOVE is Cabot. I normally buy the two-pound block at Sam's Club.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)