Thursday, November 9, 2017

Life Lately

I feel like I haven't done a proper life update in a while. 

Here is what's happening in our neck of the woods.

*We are entering the holiday season and it's so exciting! We are staying here for Thanksgiving and will be celebrating with great friends BUT we are going to Florida for Christmas. Cue the excitement!!! I am thrilled that we will get to spend Christmas with family. It's going to be an amazing week there. 
*We are roughly 1 month away from finding out whether or not we are staying in Kansas for another year or moving in June. It's really nerve-wracking. We would love to stay here but the thought of moving on is exciting. No matter what happens we will embrace it.

*Around the same time that we find out about our Army future I will find out if I made it into the Chicago Marathon! On October 31st, I entered the lottery and am keeping my fingers crossed. I figured I have nothing to lose from entering so why not give it a shot.
*Speaking of running, we will run our 100th race on Saturday! Holy cow! I can't believe we have reached this point haha. We are running a Veterans Day 5k which I think is pretty fitting and a lot of our friends are running it as well. It's going to be a great morning.

*Kansas is finally bringing us some pretty cold temperatures. We have lived in pretty hot climates with mild winters for the last few years so this is all new. The fact that we got snow on Halloween is a preview of what we are in for haha.
*We are starting to plan a lot of fun Christmas outings. We booked a Santa Train experience for E next weekend and we are so excited. It is an 11 mile train ride with unlimited hot chocolate, cider, and cookies. It's going to be such a fun family outing. All of the tree lightings and other events just makes this time of year that much more special especially with E.

What's happening in your life lately?


16 comments:

  1. I’ll trade! Gonna be 20 in Boston Friday. Yuckkkk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly could comment on every single thing you mentioned here. So many exciting things going on, and you have the best attitude as usual. What Santa Train did you book? Hadley's birthday is next Friday, and I'd love to do something fun with her like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it the polar express? I know they tell kids they're going to the North Pole.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited to see what's in store for you guys next year as far as your location :) I'm so excited for you that you get to be with your family for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Santa train sounds like a lot of fun, I bet E will have a blast.

    Finding out whether you are moving again so soon or getting to stay for a while will be a relief, we have lived in Southern California for the last nine years so we haven't seen a "real" winter in a long time, I hope you enjoy the colder temperatures and the snow, I sure don't miss having to shovel it ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I hope you qualify! I had so much fun going to cheer on my cousin and it is a great town to do a marathon! I hope no matter the outcome of the move you get something good~! Yay for a trip home for Christmas, so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This Christmas is going to be so great for y'all because E is big enough to really enjoy it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excitement looming in your life. I think it would be nice to stay in one place a couple years. We've got dates planned to be with our kids next Sat. Early Thanksgiving. Finish gift shopping and get calendars done is my big thing right now! 100 runs is a lot but incredible fun for you both. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you're getting to experience winter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All your Christmas stuff sounds like so much fun! I'm a little fish out of water with the hot Christmas, but hoping to do some fun stuff because the whole country takes their summer holidays off over Christmas. Which means a solid 6 weeks of everyone being in the party spirit, lots of special events, etc. Different, but fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to do one of those train rides! We don't have anything like that here. Boo to winter, lol. Not a fan. ;) Good luck with the marathon lottery!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the kids really do make it more exciting! So glad you all get to spend time with family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope Kyle finds out about his assignment soon, waiting is the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, I can't wait to find out if you're staying or going!! ;) The train ride seems super fun!! Christmas in Florida sounds fabulous!! I'm excited that I'll be spending Christmas at home/NY this year :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)