Monday, November 20, 2017

An Eventful Weekend!

It's hard to believe that it's Monday again! Speaking of it being Monday, it's my sister, Lisa's, birthday!!!! Yay! Happy Birthday, sis! You are the best.
We had a pretty packed weekend and it was awesome! 

On Friday, a group of us from Stroller Strong Moms got tickets to seeing the broadway show Waitress in Kansas City. We all met in the city to have dinner beforehand. It was fun having a few drinks and just unwinding. The show started at 7:30pm and it was amazing! If you ever get a chance to see it you must. We all loved it. Afterwards we had to do a plank photo. Our group is doing a plank challenge for Thanksgiving and what a perfect place to do one haha.
I didn't get home until about midnight (which for the record is the longest I've stayed out in a long time lol). Thankfully we didn't have a race Saturday morning so we were able to sleep in a bit.

Saturday started with a FaceTime call to our niece, Kylie, because it was her birthday!!! It's hard to believe that she is 11. Time is flying by and we can't wait to see her (and everyone else) soon.
This was a day we had been looking forward to for a while. We were taking E on the Midland Railway Santa train with friends. We bought tickets weeks ago and it certainly did not disappoint. We opted for the first class tickets which got us unlimited cookies, hot chocolate, cider, coloring books for the kiddos and better seating. E loved it!!! She especially enjoyed when the carolers started singing. It was an 11 mile out and back train ride which took about 2 hours. We got to see Santa and Mrs. Claus in their own decorated car and take photos. She was unsure but she didn't cry so we call that a win. 
We had a lot of fun with ours friends and the girls were so happy. Definitely a win in our book!

Sunday, we were up bright and early for the Turkey Trot 5k on post. It was nice only being 5 minutes away from home haha. It was an out and back course which I didn't mind. It was pretty cold at the start (I think 32 degrees) but I ended up running faster than I expected to so I was thrilled.
We had a good showing for SLAM which is always a good time.
We ended the day with running a few errands and just hanging out around the house. We had planned to decorate for Christmas but honestly the day got away from us. That's okay. :) 

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

16 comments:

  1. Most of neices/nephews would have loved that train ride, my anti-social niece though would have been screaming. Hopefully there werent' any kids like her there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute with Santa!! And she didn’t cry yay. I was terrified as a baby. I thought he looked evil. And no I hadn’t seen Krampus yet...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a busy (and fun) weekend! We're hoping to snag some last minute Polar Express train tickets up here, but I'm sure Porter will cry! Happy Monday, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, you and your sister look so much alike! :) Beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Y'all really did have a packed weekend! That Santa Train sounds like so much fun, and I think that y'all chose wisely with the First Class option. And I've heard so many good things about Waitress, so I'm glad that you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an eventful and fun weekend!! Happy birthday to your sister and niece!! The Santa Train is so cute - wish I could take my nephews on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to your sister, y'all look so much alike! And your sweet niece deserves one too, she's adorable! You had such a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun of a weekend it was for you! Hope your sister had a great birthday! My sis and I were texting photos back and forth of our grandchildren this weekend. We were out with our 2 out of 3 had fun. Lydia had a cold so mom had to stay home with her, which was a bummer. But we had fun anyway! And we've been walking in the dark. Tonight we could see our breath. Thankful for warm coats and me...gloves...and hats too! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your adorable family! Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun weekend! I love how you've embraced live at Leavenworth and have totally found your fit there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Santa train looks so fun! I'd love to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you had a good time w/the train ride. Hurrah for a fast run! We decorated for Christmas. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A santa train!? I have never heard of that before but it sounds genius! I'd be on that in a heartbeat. I might even take a niece or nephew with me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The train ride sounds and looks fabulous. Glad you all had a great time. Happy belated birthday to your sister and niece.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)