Friday, November 3, 2017

Day In The Life

I was inspired by the lovely Kait when I read her day in the life post a few weeks back. I thought it would be fun to write out what a day typically looks like in our house.

7:00am- This is usually the time I get out of bed. Kyle is out of the house by 4:30am everyday and back by the time we get up. I make sure I get myself ready for my workout class before E is up. It's just a matter of throwing on workout clothes and pulling my hair up. Not long after I get up E starts stirring and it's time to get her up. I do tend to set an alarm just in case, if I sleep any later than 7 I feel terrible.
7:30-8:30am- This time is spent preparing E's breakfast, feeding Emma, unloading the dishwasher and doing any other little things that need to get done before we leave for class. I get E dressed and grab our water (her snacks as well) plus make sure that we have everything we need for the workout. She will play for a little bit and yell at me from her play area haha. I'm also usually talking on the phone or face timing with family. Morning phone calls are pretty typical. We head out for class and get there about 15-20 minutes before it starts.
9:00-10:00am- It's SLAM time! I look forward to this time every single day. It's hard but so rewarding. I get to hang out with awesome ladies who are so motivating and just have fun! E gets to interact with her little people friends and relax in the stroller.
10:15-11:30am- Usually after class we will end up hanging out with friends. Some days we will meet at a local bakery and have cinnamon rolls or donuts. Rewarding ourselves for all of our hard work at class haha, of course the kids enjoy this as well. I mean how can you say no to any kind of sweet treat.
12:00-1:30pm- By the time we get home it's noon and time for E to go down for a nap after she has some lunch. I use this time during her nap to take care of things like laundry and cleaning. I make myself a list at the beginning of the week of all the things I need to get done. The cleaning usually consists of cleaning bathrooms, emptying all the trash cans, dusting, and vacuuming. Depending on the time I'm able to enjoy some downtime which means browsing Facebook and playing lots of Solitaire. It's obscene how much Method cleaner we go through haha.
1:45-3:00pm- This time is usually dedicated to play time! Unless we have other errands to run you will find us either playing in E's room, taking walks with Emma, or playing in her play area. After a while she gets tired of me being in her space, so I will find other things to do while she is playing.
3:15-4:30pm- This is dedicated snack time for E and then it means it's time to prep dinner. Kyle is typically home from class around 12:30 but if he has a lot of reading he will go into the basement and be done around 4pm. E can be found wandering around the kitchen "helping me" after she finishes her snack.
4:30-5:30pm- We always have dinner together (well unless other obligations come up) and it's our time to catch up and see what has happened in each other's day.
5:45-6:15pm- Most nights we take a walk as a family. E is usually pushed in her radio flyer and we have several walk routes that we can take and we spend 30 minutes walking. Some days it ends up longer if we stop and talk to friends.
6:30pm-6:45pm- This is bedtime for E! It's the same routine of pajamas, milk, cuddling and then sleep time!
6:45pm- This is mine and Kyle's time to decompress together and just spend that time talking or not talking depending on how tired we are haha. I usually will take a bath (usually end up talking to my sister on the phone during that time haha) and Kyle will sometimes go into the basement and play video games. It just depends on the night. Kyle heads to bed at 9:30 so it's usually me and tv until I finally give up and go to bed too.
We don't lead the most exciting lives during the week but it was fun to document! 

15 comments:

  1. My day changes all the time, sometimes I get up as early as 3am for work and work as late as 11pm, but on those days I just work at 2pm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya! My days don't always look the same, E plays a big role in how it changes.

      Delete
  2. I love it! I could not do this because people would hate me. I literally don’t do shit all day and nap. It’s disturbing. Lol! I don’t know why my husband puts up with it at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I wouldn't hate you for it! Because lets me honest I did the same thing before having E.

      Delete
  3. Sounds a lot like our days, just with older kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these types of posts! I saw Kait's a while back and have wanted to do one, too. What busy days you have, and I love the donut reward after a hard workout :)

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these kinds of posts, I need to do one! Sounds like a great life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and Kyle definitely deserve all of your family time together after your time at Polk!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these type of posts, they're so fun! I also so wish there was a SLAM here, you always look like you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My day to day life isn't that interesting!! Work, work out, eat, sleep. HA Your day is defo more fun then mine!! I love your SLAM classes, wish I could join in as well!! Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love reading everyone's A Day in the Life post!! Your workout class sounds amazing to do it with other mom's and strollers!! So fun- I bet it's a chore though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think these posts are a lot of fun! This makes me sound like a creep, but I like seeing how people live their lives, haha.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)