As the month of August is winding down I have begun to compile a list of things that I am looking forward to in the coming months. I love doing this because it reminds me to plan and make it a point to live in the moment.
Here is what I am looking forward:
1. Obviously, #1 is the birth of Emersyn haha. I am scheduled to be induced on 8/31 if she has not arrived before then. :)
2. Fall weather! While we don't get a true winter here in Central Louisiana, I still have the chance to wear sweaters and boots so I'm happy (I am wishing away summer because 90+ degree temperatures with 100% humidity gets old after a while). I am ready for the leaves to changes and to have that crisp air.
3. I can't wait to take Emersyn to her first pumpkin patch, ride her first hayride, first Halloween, her first visit with Santa, tree lighting, etc. I know she will be really little but all these firsts are exciting.
4. Starting school again on October 3rd. I mentioned to Kyle last night that I actually miss it and it was weird not starting with everyone else a few weeks ago. He will begin his final grad school class at the same time which is very exciting!
5. Spending lots of time with family. Since we are looking at a likely June 2017 move I want to spend time with family when we can.
6. Our races we have lined up for the rest of the year which include six 5k's and 2 half marathons ( I am stoked that my sister will be running her 1st half marathon with us!!!). Speaking of races, I normally don't wear my wedding rings when I run because I'm afraid of them slipping off so I ordered these silicone rings from amazon. I'm excited to test them out.
7. Settling into our new routine as a family of 5 (yes Emma and Fishy count). It's going to be pretty amazing.
8. Finding out if Kyle made the promotion list and the location of our new home. We know we likely won't find out until December but man we are anxious haha.
What are you looking forward to?
Have a great weekend!