Monday, July 18, 2016

Ainsley's Angels Sunset 5k

Saturday, I completed my last race before Emmy comes! I ran it solo this year as Kyle was working (he didn't even get home until about 2am). I always look forward to this 5k.

It had rained earlier in the day so thankfully it had cooled down and wasn't completely unbearable. The reactions from people when they realized that I was running the race were hilarious. I heard everything from "please don't give birth on the course" to "I can't believe you're running, that's the coolest thing I have ever seen".

The scenery along the lake is absolutely beautiful and the houses are stunning, I'm talking million dollar homes.

 

This was me at the start of the race, I always feel better once I can get elbow room and get into the zone. There were a ton of people which is awesome for this particular non-profit.

 

I didn't set out with any goal I just wanted to finish. I took my time and only walked at the water point, I was happy to see that I crossed the finish line at 42 minutes. For being 8 1/2 months pregnant I'll take it haha.



 I rewarded myself with Sonic on the way home, I really just wanted the ice.

Overall, it was a great race to end with. I'm already looking forward to my first postpartum run after Emmy is born.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

18 comments:

  1. Amazing! Beautiful sunset photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear one of my deployment goals is to run a 5k. You have shown there is no excuse :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - 42 minutes at 8.5 months pregnant?! YOU DO, LADY!! What a great race to end on :) (for now!!)

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've said it before and I'll continue saying it...you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's just so amazing. You did way better than I could at precisely 0 months pregnant! I'm so glad you enjoyed it, looks like some gorgeous scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that's so awesome that you ran the race, even being 8 1/2 months pregnant! I really hope that I'll stay as healthy and active as you when I get pregnant! So glad that it cooled down for you during this run! The summer heat is no joke!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did awesome!

    And Sonic is so good. I love their diet cherry coke.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am amazed with you!!! I struggled to walk to the mail box with all four my my pregnancies. You are a superstar!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are truly inspirational!! Amazing!! You totally deserved that Sonic and more!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Please don't give birth on the course" I love it!!! You are such an inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so impressed with you and proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are amazing!! Now enjoy some relaxation time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a great time! I remember that far in my pregnancy that just walking the dogs took a lot of effort. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are seriously an inspiration! I'm so glad you've been able to keep running throughout your pregnancy. I was super bummed I wasn't able to (heart rate spiked too high every time I tried), but I LOVE seeing you out there still running! :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you!! :)