I was talking to Kyle the other day and we were reflecting on this crazy life we live and he asked me a question. He asked me what my favorite military moments have been up to this point. Wow, what a loaded question that brings up so many memories, emotions, and so many remarkable experiences.
I started to list them off to him and realized just how lucky we have been. I thought it would be fun to share those memories with you.
1. Promoting Kyle to 1LT in November 2008. It was the first time I had never been a part of a military ceremony before and it was neat to be included.
2. My first military ball in 2009. What an awesome and terrifying experience it was. I was lucky enough to have a dear friend guide me through the process and it helped me so much.
3. Seeing Kyle jump for the first time...he was obviously an old hat at this but I had never seen anything like it.
4. Kyle's homecoming from Iraq! There are no words to describe that feeling.
5. Meeting one of my very best friends, Kristina! We haven't seen each other since 2012 because of various circumstances but we finally get to see each other next week!
6. Being there to see Kyle receive his Bronze Star after his deployment. He worked his ass off and to see him acknowledged that way was remarkable and it made me so proud.
7. All American Week Division Run at Fort Bragg. It is something that is incredibly impressive. 20,000 soldiers running in formation with cannons going off and music blaring. It's so cool!
8. Unexpectedly receiving the Yellow Rose of Texas for my volunteer work. What a humbling experience that I will never forget.
9. Kyle taking command in 2013. Boy what an adventure that turned out to be. We were a pretty good team if you ask me.
All of these memories are so very special to me and make me realize just how lucky we are. While there has been no shortage of separations and very stressful situations I choose to cherish the good memories and learn from the bad.
Boy it's fun to go down memory lane! Can't wait to see what the future holds!